Trusted Contributor

Please, take it down an octave? and a few decibels?

Please please someone curb the shouting!  The nasal voices at earsplitting pitch blasting at us , especially during the wee hours make listening physically painful.  I do understand that sales pitches are, of necessity, loud.  But- do they have to be painful?  Please ask the aggressive hosts to consider that their audience may include people for whom the high pitched whine is ucomfortable.

For the posting predators perched to criticize and tell me to turn the channel, save your breath. I have called customer service and written during presentations from the question option, even tried chats , to no avail.  There is no other site from which to register a request let alone a complaint.  This is serious business for those with neurologic injuries.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Please, take it down an octave? and a few decibels?

Do you have closed captioning on your TV?  Maybe that would help.

Cogito ergo sum
Trusted Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia wrote:

Do you have closed captioning on your TV?  Maybe that would help.

I do have closed captioning.  the hosts talk so fast that CC usually makes no sense.  If the program is voice recognition there is often no correlation between what the device receives and what is actually spoken.  You can tell when an actual huan is involved because they catch some of the colloquialisms.  CC doesn't pick up multiple voices talking over each other either or side comments.  

But- thanks for the input.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh, I get it.  Take care

ETA:  I have very sensitive hearing and intermittent tinnitus - sometimes my husband talking loudly hurts my ears (of course, he's partially deaf so if I ask him to tone it down he just says "What?" very loudly.

Cogito ergo sum
Respected Contributor

Perhaps you can adjust the audio settings on your TV.  I know I have sensitivity to certain ranges of sound so I have my audio settings customized to increase the bass and lower the treble.

The reason none of your complaints have gotten you any resolution is because QVC is not going to change what they are doing to accomodate the few as long as the sales numbers in any given program with any given host are in the range they expect to see.

Respected Contributor

@CoG wrote:

Please please someone curb the shouting!  The nasal voices at earsplitting pitch blasting at us , especially during the wee hours make listening physically painful.  I do understand that sales pitches are, of necessity, loud.  But- do they have to be painful?  Please ask the aggressive hosts to consider that their audience may include people for whom the high pitched whine is ucomfortable.

For the posting predators perched to criticize and tell me to turn the channel, save your breath. I have called customer service and written during presentations from the question option, even tried chats , to no avail.  There is no other site from which to register a request let alone a complaint.  This is serious business for those with neurologic injuries.  

I agree with you and have complained about it before.  I have my TV turned on, but muted.  I just glance up once in awhile.  

I usually have Food Network on now for "white noise"; save money too.  

Honored Contributor

Thankfully I don't have any problems with my hearing, but I do understand fully what you are experiencing.  There is one host in particular, who I think is very nice and intelligent, but with an exceptionally high-pitched and very loud voice.  I simply cannot listen to this host for longer than a minute. I put it on mute, or sometimes change the channel, and I'm all better.

Honored Contributor

Strange -  I had this same impression last night with a few of the "news" channels. As soon as there are more than 2 people behind the mikes, there's just noise, not information.

I suspect I'm not part of the target audience any longer.  I know I'm not for the shopping channels since I barely buy  "stuff" nowadays -  and even many of the news shows seem to be targeting those about a decade or 2 younger than I am.

So happy I can still read!

Respected Contributor

I understand what you are saying, I don't have any ear problems thank goodness but The whiny nasal hgh pitched whiners ( host's and vendor's) irritate me to no end. I quickly change the channel.

Don't worry, be Happy!
Esteemed Contributor

I was watching a host (who shall not be named as one isn't allowed to say anything "unkind" and since that's a flexible concept open to wide interpretation by which ever mod is on duty, better to just speak in code) selling the TSV game/toy last night. For one thing you'd have thought it was the second coming and the other is that she was screeching about it while bobbing up and down. Not pleasant to watch (and I have to say as one of the most seasoned hosts, she's usually pretty calm--hope she's not jumping on the clown car bandwagon). 

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat