Esteemed Contributor

Please bring back the ignore option.....

I miss it!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Please bring back the ignore option.....

They can't bring it back unless it's in the software this board uses......

Esteemed Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

How about something like it?

Honored Contributor

@apple1964 wrote:

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

How about something like it?

@apple1964  Yes, "something like it" consists of diverting your eyes.  That's as close as they can come for "ignore" suggestions.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

The mods have already said a number of times that they can't.  I wish they could as well. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well, they could IF THEY WANTED TO.  This is JMHO.

Many message boards don't have ignore buttons because the belief is, everyone has a right to their opinion.  So, if you don't like an opinion, you can just ignore it. Unfortunately, that's not so easy, AFTER you've already read the message, which is sometimes either obnoxious or, my pet-peeve -- OFF TOPIC. 

For example, someone might start a thread about Doctors not being "caring".

Then someone will post that their husband is a Dr., and he is the most caring person in the world. "Your husband"??? >>>>  OFF-TOPIC. 

Or someone posts a sensitive question in "Among Friends" and gets attacked by a troll for their feelings.  (i.e., "I don't think you're upset; I think you love "drama" .)  Very mean.  And adults should know better!

When people go off-topic, they've basically ambushed the thread and once peeps get side-tracked, arugments start, and the discussion is ruined .

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Esteemed Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

I've heard that from them, but I find this difficult to believe. I work with engineers daily. I'm pretty sure anyone of them could write code to include this option that would not impact the basic framework of the software.

It would be a cost for QVC to make this change; I think that might be more the story.  

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Honored Contributor

@RinaRina wrote:

Well, they could IF THEY WANTED TO.  This is JMHO.

Many message boards don't have ignore buttons because the belief is, everyone has a right to their opinion.  So, if you don't like an opinion, you can just ignore it. Unfortunately, that's not so easy, AFTER you've already read the message, which is sometimes either obnoxious or, my pet-peeve -- OFF TOPIC. 

For example, someone might start a thread about Doctors not being "caring".

Then someone will post that their husband is a Dr., and he is the most caring person in the world. "Your husband"??? >>>>  OFF-TOPIC. 

Or someone posts a sensitive question in "Among Friends" and gets attacked by a troll for their feelings.  (i.e., "I don't think you're upset; I think you love "drama" .)  Very mean.  And adults should know better!

When people go off-topic, they've basically ambushed the thread and once peeps gete side-tracked, arugments start, and the discussion is ruined .

Report such a post to the mods using the "inappropriate" link.  The mods will then decide whether they think it's inappropriate (which includes off topic) and remove it if they do think it is.  If not, it didn't violate any board rules.

Honored Contributor

if we can do hearts, why not a thumbs down? Man Sad  or that face?

Trusted Contributor

@gardensla wrote:

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

I've heard that from them, but I find this difficult to believe. I work with engineers daily. I'm pretty sure anyone of them could write code to include this option that would not impact the basic framework of the software.

It would be a cost for QVC to make this change; I think that might be more the story.  

Actually, you could not be more wrong.  Yes, software engineers can write code -- but the mods and QVC IT are NOT software engineers.  They did not create the software running the boards, and they cannot change it.  It is simple as that.

Most companies use third-party software.  One canot simply cnage it. 

To put it in simpler terms, most offices use the Microsoft Office software suite for day-to-day operations -- including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.  Even if your office had the ability to change something in Office to do something you wanted, you could not do so because you are simply an end-user and een though you pay to use the products, you agree not to do so in your agreement with the company.

As others have suggested, one can simply ignore posts they do not like.  It is not necessary to have this feature.  For those incapable of being on a message board because they might see posts they do not like, perhaps they should avoid message boards.