Respected Contributor

Please allow members to control what is displayed (fonts, colors)

[ Edited ]

I know that people love to be creative and use the different font styles, sizes and colors to show their individuality. It also helps them with reading as well.

But this is getting out of hand.  I am seeing small fonts, curly fonts, BIG HUGE fonts, bold screaming colors and all I want is the normal font for my reading pleasure.  It is getting so hard to read the boards now that people can do this.

Can we please have a display function, where all text is set to what the individual members wants to read it as?  That way, it doesn't matter if someone wants to use font size 20, bold, in light green and in cursive.  I will read it as a normal size, black font.

PLEASE.   These boards are hard enought to read as is, and now that members are going all artsy, it is getting more difficult.

If you can't fix what's broken, you'll go insane ~ Max
Look, I don’t like the taste of broccoli, but it doesn’t get tastier if you call it “Broccoli!”!
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling. ~ Eames
Respected Contributor

@biancardi wrote:

I know that people love to be creative and use the different font styles, sizes and colors to show their individuality. It also helps them with reading as well.

But this is getting out of hand.  I am seeing small fonts, curly fonts, BIG HUGE fonts, bold screaming colors and all I want is the normal font for my reading pleasure.  It is getting so hard to read the boards now that people can do this.

Can we please have a display function, where all text is set to what the individual members wants to read it as?  That way, it doesn't matter if someone wants to use font size 20, bold, in light green and in cursive.  I will read it as a normal size, black font.

PLEASE.   These boards are hard enought to read as is, and now that members are going all artsy, it is getting more difficult.

Yes I agree, it's almost as bad as all caps.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

Re: Please allow members to control what is displayed (fonts, colors)

And as an aside - anyone who uses light colored text of any color - I won't be reading your posts.
Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

I've never understood using the all caps when typing a post & people request please don't use that. 

I bold my words as some of the fonts and regular font is so darn tiny.. I'm sure I'm not alone in the eye department of straining..  and while we're on the topic, there is way too much white space on the pages, so much it's like a glare, even when you adjust the brightness or lessen it on the monitor- it just glares back at ya...  Lots of wasted space, in my opinion.. 

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Valued Contributor

@orangegarnet wrote:

I've never understood using the all caps when typing a post & people request please don't use that. 

I bold my words as some of the fonts and regular font is so darn tiny.. I'm sure I'm not alone in the eye department of straining..  and while we're on the topic, there is way too much white space on the pages, so much it's like a glare, even when you adjust the brightness or lessen it on the monitor- it just glares back at ya...  Lots of wasted space, in my opinion.. 

Unless a person intends to be screaming their entire message, I always consider the ALL CAPS posters to be on par with those drivers who drive with their left signal light on the whole way from Chicago to Los Angeles. I mean why turn it on AND OFF...it hurts the fingers so.

Honored Contributor

Readers and posters already have the choice, in their own settings, to largely control what they see, but no one can control the font size or color other people use. If people want to post in yellow in the smallest font, they can.

What readers can do is to set their own settings to "large" so everyone's text will appear larger *to them.* those on PCs have even more choices as to font size, using their mouse for example, or other suggestions given in this thread.

QVC isn't responsible for teaching everyone who uses these forums everything there is to know about customization. The forum software is not unique to QVC, or totally different than any other forum. QVC is also not responsible for people not knowing how to change settings or adjust their computers.
Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have never been on a forum that has that function. Different fonts and colors don't bother me. Only very long paragraphs or not having any periods, do.

Trusted Contributor

You can control the text you see in your Preference Options. Enter a check in the box for Ignore HTML. You'll also no longer be able to see pictures others post. You can't choose one or the other.

a html.JPG

Honored Contributor

Caffeina wrote:

You can control the text you see in your Preference Options. Enter a check in the box for Ignore HTML. You'll also no longer be able to see pictures others post. You can't choose one or the other.

a html.JPG

~~~~~~

Good point, @Caffeina!

However, as with everything we customize in our preferences, this won't help unless we're logged in.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Trusted Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@Caffeina wrote:

Good point, @Caffeina!

However, as with everything we customize in our preferences, this won't help unless we're logged in.

Another good point!