Valued Contributor

Maybe we should be kissing the receptionists at the dentists and doctors offices, and then the hygienists and nurses, and our hairdressers, and the postal workers and UPS man, and everybody that comes to the door to sell us stuff.  And don't forget your kid's teachers and bus drivers . . . .

36_12_6.gif

"It doesn't matter if the glass is half-full or half-empty as long as you still have the rest of the bottle."
Respected Contributor

If I was the owner I would never allow people kissing before they start selling items.   It is stupid; period.  

Meeting friends we always kiss...but we are friends.

QVC hosts should keep all things as they are... a business.

Trusted Contributor

Oh brother....

I Discovered That I Can Be Myself Without the Sky Falling In
Respected Contributor

Lisa R and Joan Rivers started the kissing bit as a joke.  They did that air kissing thing and said" Love You Mean It" joke.  I do not remember Lisa R kissing people as a norm.

I also thinks it looks funny as you know the host probably saw that person recently to discuss their sales presentation.

Valued Contributor

NOT PUTTING LISA R DOWN, as she was probably told toi....but she was one of the worst about kissing. I think they thought it tied into the whole "monied" impression she was always trying to sell...As if ALL monied, fashionable people do it.

Honored Contributor

Yikes .....  People get upset over the weirdest things.

Valued Contributor

I am not upset, I watch for the products, not the hosts.  Whatever the hosts do or do not do is set in staff meetings with them.  I think variety of hosts is great, everyone is different, everyone of them fulfills some relatable mannerisms.  Carolyn is the nice neighbor next door, Jill the "homey" one, Lisa Mason the soothing friend, Lisa R was the "fashion, jet set one" David V, the "girlfrienddddd" every young women wants, Amy is the young urban yuppie, Mary Beth is the "leave it to beaver mom"  and I would not put them down or ridicule them for any reason.  They are doing their job, the same as we all are. 

Honored Contributor

It's gross.

Honored Contributor

@nana59 wrote:

You mean I have to stop kissing the vendors I might see at the Dollar Store!!!

LOL Don't ever do that again without warning!!!

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Respected Contributor

Re: Please Stop Kissing

[ Edited ]

This is one of my pet peeves..........I hate all the phony smooching and hugging..........why do these women feel that it's necessary to hug and kiss every single vendor.   How about a friendly verbal greeting or a handshake for a refreshing change instead of all the phony-baloney.....do what you want off camera, but keep the audience out of it!