Respected Contributor

Please, Q, we need DATE of Author's post, and it can be done this way:

On a NEW MESSAGE (red box) there are SIX categories, which are SUBJECT,  REPLIES,  NEW,  AUTHOR,  HEARTS, and LATEST POST.

Can you please put the date of the original post under AUTHOR?

We don't want to have to open the message to find out when the author started the message.

Can you do that for us?  We have been asking for this for several months.

Respected Contributor

Re: Please, Q, we need DATE of Author's post, and it can be done this way:

And it would be nice to give the location of the poster (state).  The boards use to show this information....

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KatieB wrote:

And it would be nice to give the location of the poster (state).  The boards use to show this information....

This is TOO MUCH INFORMATION. Why do I need to know the Poster's State?

Honored Contributor

@june22 wrote:

@KatieB wrote:

This is TO MUCH INFORMATION. Why do I need to know the Poster's State?

????     Are you concerned someone can figure out where you live if they know what state you live in?   

Trusted Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@june22 wrote:

@KatieB wrote:

????     Are you concerned someone can figure out where you live if they know what state you live in?   

Less is better as far as I am concerned. How would the posters State help in a thread? 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@june22 wrote:

@KatieB wrote:

One reason,  when they're commenting on the weather where they live (and they don't say where they live)  and  ask about the weather  where other people live, I'd like to know where they are......    And before they created this mess of a web application, our location (what ever we entered) displayed on the page....   I really don't think anyone could track me down if my state,which by the way is NC,  was shown......

Trusted Contributor

Re: Please, Q, we need DATE of Author's post, and it can be done this way:L

@KatieB wrote:

@june22 wrote:

@KatieB wrote:

One reason,  when they're commenting on the weather where they live (and they don't say where they live)  and  ask about the weather  where other people live, I'd like to know where they are......    And before they created this mess of a web application, our location (what ever we entered) displayed on the page....   I really don't think anyone could track me down if my state,which by the way is NC,  was shown.....

That would be fine as long as the poster can put whatever state they want to. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@june22 wrote:

@KatieB wrote:

@june22 wrote:

@KatieB wrote:

One reason,  when they're commenting on the weather where they live (and they don't say where they live)  and  ask about the weather  where other people live, I'd like to know where they are......    And before they created this mess of a web application, our location (what ever we entered) displayed on the page....   I really don't think anyone could track me down if my state,which by the way is NC,  was shown.....

It was a part of our profile when we joined the community boards.  At least that's the way it was when I first joined. Your could enter your state  or any thing else you wanted to enter, not necessarily your state.   Are you worried that other posters will know what state you live in?  If so, I'd love to know why....

Trusted Contributor

@KatieB wrote:

@june22 wrote:

@KatieB wrote:

@june22 wrote:

@KatieB wrote:

It was a part of our profile when we joined the community boards.  At least that's the way it was when I first joined. Your could enter your state  or any thing else you wanted to enter, not necessarily your state.   Are you worried that other posters will know what state you live in?  If so, I'd love to know why....

I just do not think that is necessary info in order to post. Unless you want to.

Respected Contributor

Hello, I am the OP.  Ladies, let's not get off track here.  Let's just talk about the AUTHOR's NAME for now.   Thanks.