Honored Contributor

PLEASE MODS WE NEED A SEPARATE BOOK FORUM PLEASE PLEASE

It's gotten so I don't even read the book threads anymore since they're all mixed in and mixed up.  If you research it, it took Sunala a very long time to get QVC to give book lovers a separate forum.  Then the board change came and poof it was gone.

Since floating topics only works when you're signed in, and since you can't stay signed in as long as you used to, it's just too time-consuming to pick through all the lively conversations about TV shows to get to the books.  That's time I could be spending actually reading a book.

Okay, I'm begging and I others would beg too.  PLEASE separate books from TV/Movies.  Pretty please with sugar on top?

Honored Contributor

Re: PLEASE MODS WE NEED A SEPARATE BOOK FORUM PLEASE PLEASE

Things are tough enough here. Maybe you can do this one thing to help us adjust? I am all for making my life easier-you seem to have made it harder. Give us a separate forum and we'll have conquered one hurdle.

Trusted Contributor

Here's another PLEASE for a separate BOOK forum again.  There are some good features in the new software, but it has certainly taken all the fun out of participating in the community. 

Esteemed Contributor

Please can you give us our own Book Forum again?  We had a lot of our members pleading with you before this new board change, and you were kind enough to let us have our own private book section where we discuss books we read and suggest books for our reading friends to find. 

We would be ETERNALLY GRATEFUL if you'd give us back our BOOK FORUM. 

Thank you!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it’s disrespectful to QVC forum members

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've read a few of the "request for a book forum" threads, and I felt really sad that you've lost the forum which you had fought so hard to obtain.

Out of curiosity, I took a look through the new consolidated Books, TV, and Movies forum, and I could immediately understand why you had been requesting a separate forum. All of the movie and TV series threads make it extremely difficult to find the book threads. 

I know that if I were new to the QVC forums, I would feel discouraged by the current placement of the book forum. I probably would just leave and look for another book forum site. And I think that's a shame.

Reading books opens up the world in such a unique way. The breadth and depth of a book affords an author a unique opportunity to to let people see things from a different perspective. Books can challenge people to rethink how they view important ideas. Oprah's book club tapped into people's innate curiosity and inspired the creation of any number of book clubs. 

In our fast paced, technology enhanced world, unfortunately, a lot of people don't feel that they have the time to sit down and read a book. 

I hope that QVC will review their current decision and decide to really encourage people to read more books by creating a separate book forum.

In the meantime, @LoriLori @Judaline @sunala and @Honeybit, you might want to start a thread in the Books, TV, and Movies forum suggesting that the folks who want a separate book forum add their requests to this PLEASE MODS WE NEED A SEPARATE BOOK FORUM PLEASE thread. You could even post a hot link to this PLEASE MODS WE NEED A SEPARATE BOOK FORUM PLEASE thread in your current forum to make it easier for them to add their request for a new book forum. 

While there are any number of items on QVC's forums improvements list, based on my experience with the new My Favorite Brand forum, it seems as though QVC could create a new book forum with the flip of a switch.

Best of luck!!! 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Mods, please give us a separate Book Forum.  All of us book lovers would really appreciate it.  Thank You!

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

I'm another who really would like separate forums for subjects.

In fact, I would like to see the forums arranged the way they were in the previous board.

There, as you know, all brands for fashion had a sub-forum under the fashion forum, and so on.  Now brands are on a high-level forum that is, frankly, a bit clumsy.

In the meantime, a separate forum for books would be appreciated!

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

For someone who reads about 6 books or more a week and I have 16 checked out right now, which is typical for me I do love to read.  Absolutely need a book forum only!

I set my alarm for 3:20 every day just to get some reading time in every day with no distractions.  I love it.   Stationary biking and reading while the rest of the world sleeps.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."