Esteemed Contributor

What is a "progressive dresser??"

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

Well sometimes I feel like there are too many older models for certain presentations. Not everyone that shops with QVC is retirement age. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Regular Contributor

Blonde Maria is a very attractive, slender model. She looks good in everything she

models. 

Honored Contributor

The question "Older than WHOM?" might apply to some of us (Me!).

As I often point out, I'm OLD, and I look older than I actually am.

I'd assume, probably rightly, that it would be off putting to purchasers to see someone as old looking as I being a model, but I wear and enjoy bright colors and ANY styles that flatter my long waisted, short legged shape.

Once again, "older", like "stylish" or "appropriate" or "professional" or ANY of the adjectives that are typically thrown about are not terribly enlightening.

I'm about the same age as Dennis Basso's Blonde Maria, and I sure as shootin' would LOVE to look like her, but THAT'S not happening any time soon LOL!

Respected Contributor

I like that dark haired model, Maria I think for an older model.

i like Jacqui for a younger model.

I do not look at their age - but how a garment will look on either one of them, usually if it looks good, it will work for me. 

As as for beauty items - I do think they should use a range of ages, a lot of times they do seem to do that pretty well. 

-Texas Hill Country-
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I'm an older person and I see plenty of older models on QVC, enough that I don't need to see anymore.

Sheesh!

Honored Contributor

I'd like to see the average shaped 65 year old woman as a model.  I'd also like to see a plump 65 year old woman as a model - and size 14-16 is not what I mean by plump.

Super Contributor

I am an older person and I enjoy seeing older models any time they are shown to present any item.  What could be tiresome about getting the idea of how a product would look on me? 

The thing that gives life its greatest significance is the capacity to care
Trusted Contributor

I have asked many times (as others as well) for models that are of average American size.  This means average in every way.    Why are the plus size models 5feet 9inches and taller?   Are they afraid if she is 4 inches shorter like the average we would see that the garment proportions would not look good on us?    Their #1 designer tells us proper proportion is everything as is proper inseam in pants.   Why are we told if we want shorter pants buy a petite which has a shorter rise than a regular.   We receive regular lessons on how to find the proper fit but often the clothing provided do not work for us average people unless we pay for alterations.   Quality and value is not as it used to be at the Q.    I have had to many returns lately from a certain designer.   I remain at the Q because back and knee injuries limit my ability to shop in malls.  I love the mile drive around the lake but not the walking on mall floors.

New Contributor

I agree, would love to see models -  have 1 slim and 1 chunky.  And, I agree, not a 5'10" size 10 model, but a 5'5" size 14 model!