Esteemed Contributor

Re: OK - Enough is Enough with Christmas in July!

I heard they are going to have Christmas in August ---starting in August!   I am sorry I couldn't resist!    JK Don't have a cow!

Contributor

I LOVE THE SHOWS! They make me happy. Plus, I spend money to make them happy.

Valued Contributor

I'd much rather see CIJ than hours upon hours of pillows, mattresses, computers, dyson, Philosophy, Dooney and Bourke, etc.    CIJ lovers put up with that stuff all year. 

Respected Contributor

Re: OK - Enough is Enough with in July!

What gets me when they have these Christmas shows in July, August, September and October, they always say Merry Christmas. Then as it gets closer to Christmas, Hanuka or Kwanzaa then it becomes Happy Holidays. Instead of CIJ shows they should just call it Shopping for the Holidays.

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Respected Contributor

I remember CIJ as a kid, and it was a novelty idea in the middle of a hot summer to have a sale on the 25th. A fun escape for shoppers that gave the stores a boost between summer and fall merchandise. Now it is like that commercial with the fast-growing alien life form about to engulf the scientist. Rather than a nice break, CIJ has more merchandise offered than later when it's expected. Lots of posters have lamented they didn't purchase in July because the good stuff sold out with no reorder. I like CIJ, but don't put all the decorating focus on a month in the middle of summer and then give us mostly leftovers in the fall. 

Honored Contributor

@KYToby wrote:

Are you under the (mistaken) impression that QVC exists to entertain you and alleviate your boredom?

QVC has Christmas in July because it brings in a lot of money -- way more than you will ever spend here.  Since QVC exists to make a profit rather than structur its programming to suit you, guess which wins out in the end?

Big deal.  This is the place for people to post opinions about Q and their products.  Their thoughts are just as valid as yours.   No need to talk down.

Respected Contributor

@Buck-i-Nana wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Is CIJ over yet?.... Seems like every time I switch over to QVC it is XMas junk.

One poster's junk is another's treasure Merry Christmas In July!  Heart

LOL, so true.   And they wouldn't be doing it if someone didn't buy.  They're a business and they do what sells.   You can tell just by these posts that not everyone hates it.   

I like cooking and gardening shows and if I'm not doing anything those are the ones I'll watch.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Respected Contributor

@BalletBabe  You made me giggle this morning!Cat Very Happy

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Respected Contributor

@chenzy wrote:

I LOVE THE SHOWS! They make me happy. Plus, I spend money to make them happy.

@chenzy  Makes me happy, too!Cat Very Happy

Respected Contributor

@MathisFan wrote:

I'd much rather see CIJ than hours upon hours of pillows, mattresses, computers, dyson, Philosophy, Dooney and Bourke, etc.    CIJ lovers put up with that stuff all year. 

@MathisFan  I SO agree with you!Cat Very Happy