New Producer for LOGO shows ?

The past two weeks's LOGO shows have had serious problems.  On 1/9, the OTO item could not be accessed online.  Every time I entered the item number, the item showed "sold out", but it was still available on TV.  When I tried the link for "item on the air", I got the GILI leather jacket. I would have purchased the shirt, but I did not have access to a phone to call QVC.

Last week's show (either Sat or Mon) featured a LOGO jacket (A271141) in two colors of green.  Neither Lori nor the hostess knew which was which.  Finally, they agreed, but they were both wrong and mis-identified both jackets.

I know there is a lot of detail that goes into production of a show, but someone needs to know when things are going badly, as problems will affect sales.

Respected Contributor

Re: New Producer for LOGO shows ?

I agree with you.  For a company the size of QVC, there should not be any technical glitches with on-line ordering. As for color identification, how hard is it to use a tag on the hanger? Some of those color names are absurd and some shades are very similar -- they need to ID them for the hosts!

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

A tad off topic, but somewhat relevant.  QVC should never have named that green color "blue spruce."  Yes, I do know about the trees, but too many viewers think "blue spruce" will be some shade of blue, when it's really green.  Very poor name for that LOGO color, as is the macrame name for a pinkish color that people expect to be tan (if they know what macrame is and many don't know so that's just a dumb name for a color altogether).

I suggest a total revamp of how LOGO colors are named.  Then the hosts wouldn't need Identifiers for each color and the customers would know more what to expect.  Love Lori's offbeat colors but Q needs to do a better job of naming and describing them.

Honored Contributor

I don't know that it's a new producer as much as it's computer problems that you are speaking of???

As far as the color names, QVC needs to just give something a normal color name instead of trying to be creative. And they need to correctly name the colors.  Half the time the color names make no sense to the real color of the item and the host has to explain that the sweater named mud isn't the color of mud at all, it's red.  LOL  

Do the color namers get bored with their job or is it a game to them to see how crazy they can drive the hosts and customers with the names?  

Regular Contributor

Yes, agree! Label the clothes on the hangers with the correct color name.  Simplify the color names. QVC should have a color deck like the Pantone colors and follow it across vendors.  When the host and vendor do not know the colors it seems very unprofessional.   

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I don't know that it's a new producer as much as it's computer problems that you are speaking of???

As far as the color names, QVC needs to just give something a normal color name instead of trying to be creative. And they need to correctly name the colors.  Half the time the color names make no sense to the real color of the item and the host has to explain that the sweater named mud isn't the color of mud at all, it's red.  LOL  

Do the color namers get bored with their job or is it a game to them to see how crazy they can drive the hosts and customers with the names?  

QVC  gives every color by every vendor a different name.   You know if you order "new antique rose"  in D& C it will perfectly match every other piece with exactly the same name.   Same with every other line.   I pity the poor smuck who has to dream up all these names.   If they just called it "pink"  it would be indistinguishable from every other pink. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

I had the same issue when trying to order the OTO.  Never did get it.  Frustrating.

Valued Contributor

@patticakes If we still have the color and size you're interested in, please feel free to send us an e-mail at QVCSocialTeam@QVC.com and we'll see what we can do for you. Smiley Happy

Brittany