Trusted Contributor

Re: Need ceramic bake ware that is NOT Temp-tations.

@Cadjia wrote:

Really! I have a Marshalls near me, so will scope out the possibilities. Nice to know there are options for us not from China. Thanks Kallie. Smiley Wink

HOPE you can find them!

Trusted Contributor

@susan in California wrote:

@KALLIE

I think Marshalls does have a few surprises from time to time.  About a year ago

I wandered in and found some very nice Polish Pottery bowls.  They were surprisingly reasonably priced, and I grabbed them.  I love Polish Pottery.

EXCELLENT choice.

Respected Contributor

@Cadjia wrote:

PLEASE, will QVC offer its customers an alternative ceramic or stoneware bakeware that is NOT Temp-tations? Honestly, if I see one more cutsie pie plate, bread pan, bowl, plate or spoon, I'll snap a vein in my head. I'm a serious baker/cook and need bakeware that looks streamlined. Please, QVC, we are counting on you to come through for us. Thank you.

LOL, I didn't realize I shouldn't use temptations?   Being a serious baker really has nothing to do with choice of bakeware.   I use temptations, glass, metal, and Denmark tools.  Depends on my mood and what I'm cooking and how I'm serving it.  

I bought the Denmark tools stuff here, it's all white if that's what you're looking for. I've never seen it on air tho.   They push what sells.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

QVC also offers a brand of Polish Stoneware.  Not as well done as Gloria's from her Zanger Company that the Q offered years ago, but well done....

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Trusted Contributor

@MezzieStarr wrote:

Le Creuset and Rachael Ray are both sold on QVC.

OP clearly specified, stream lined, non-cutesy, professional bakeware.  I Agree!  I might add to her request bakeware in colors we can all live with.

, not festival hues or " money" colors.  How about white?  I always prefer the brand being held as a comparison !

Honored Contributor

You can still find, often brand new (that's the only way I buy them), the original Corning Ware French White bakeware pieces on ebay.  

I've purchased several of mine there because the only ones you can get in stores now are the new Chinese-made stoneware pieces.  The original pyroceram pieces will last forever and they are beautiful.  

I have also purchased some of the CW French Black pieces.

Even though the Chinese-made pieces aren't as nice as the originals, even they are a far sight better than Temptations.  But I'd stick with the originals.  One day you probably won't find them out there anymore.

Just be sure, if buying on ebay to know that they are selling the 'made in the USA' pyroceram pieces.  Most will denote that in their description and/or show a pic of the bottom.  The bottoms of the original ones are smooth and say 'Made in the USA'.  The bottoms of the newer ones will say 'Stoneware Made in China' on the bottom and have that exposed edge around the bottom, since they are stoneware.

Esteemed Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

You can still find, often brand new (that's the only way I buy them), the original Corning Ware French White bakeware pieces on ebay.  

I've purchased several of mine there because the only ones you can get in stores now are the new Chinese-made stoneware pieces.  The original pyroceram pieces will last forever and they are beautiful.  

I have also purchased some of the CW French Black pieces.

Even though the Chinese-made pieces aren't as nice as the originals, even they are a far sight better than Temptations.  But I'd stick with the originals.  One day you probably won't find them out there anymore.

Just be sure, if buying on ebay to know that they are selling the 'made in the USA' pyroceram pieces.  Most will denote that in their description and/or show a pic of the bottom.  The bottoms of the original ones are smooth and say 'Made in the USA'.  The bottoms of the newer ones will say 'Stoneware Made in China' on the bottom and have that exposed edge around the bottom, since they are stoneware.

This is why I love flea markets. I scope them out looking for the old Pyrex and Corningware. They have to say Made in the USA. I got a few Pyrex glass baking dishes in excellent condition for a few dollars. I was thrilled to find them.

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Trusted Contributor

Temp-tations has never tempted me.  It reminds me too much of the stuff you see in dollar stores.  It must be a gold mine for QVC, they are always shoving it down our throats.  i don't understand what people see in it.  The boring white ware they show looks better to me.

Regular Contributor

I love Emile Henry for baking pies. I also have some of their casserole dishes.  For baking cakes / cookies, I use the Williams Sonoma goldtouch.  Awesome products!  Good luck finding something that you like!

Regular Contributor

AGREED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!