Occasional Contributor

please, please bring more natural fabrics to the fashions.  All these fabulous designs and then you look at descriptions - polyester !  Surely other fabrics are available for reasonable prices.  Please - breathable fabrics!  

Honored Contributor

Re: Natural fabrics - PLEASE

@VickiE

The TSV today?

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

I like the easy care of polyester, mixes, etc.  I find them to be much easier to care for than cotton.  One of my favorites is liquid knit.  

Respected Contributor

I'm with @VickiE. Polyester makes me sweat and leads to irritation and itching. I need breathable fabrics. They may take a little more care but it's worth it! There's nothing worse than sitting next to someone with a stinky polyester shirt. The smells do not come out in the wash.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Honored Contributor

@reiki604 I guess I don't sweat.  I've yet to have an odor on any of my non-natural fabric clothes.  But, no doubt some folks sweat more than others.  

Honored Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@VickiE

The TSV today?

That's ONE item. She's asking for more.

Honored Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

I like the easy care of polyester, mixes, etc.  I find them to be much easier to care for than cotton.  One of my favorites is liquid knit.  

And I don't mind blends that are heavy (80-20) on the cotton, but 100% poly doesn't work well in central Texas. Liquid Knit in the Texas summer just does not work for me.

Honored Contributor

Polyester is made from plastic.  No wonder it holds heat iin. It is impossible to get oily spots out of the fabric and any white or light colored fabric will turn yellow with time.

In addition, it is not earth friendly.  We should be able to recycle polyester, but instead it fills our landfills.

Valued Contributor

Yes,  I agree.  I am on a cotton kick now, so the TSV appealed to me today. I find cotton pretty comfortable in the summer.

Super Contributor

I must agree with the original post. I think some of Susan Graver's print are amazing. I will not order liquid knit however. It is way to hot to wear in south texas summers. I am jealous of the beautiful prints on many of her item. I was proven right when I took the Orient Express from Paris to Venice one summer. It was unusually warm and I was terribly uncomfortable in the clothes as they were sticky and hkt. Adore the prints...not so much the fabric.