Contributor

Until someone can confirm on air that the heel on the shoe being presented is snug enough to at least not slip off the foot, and if someone with a lower arch can check the shoe length/size I'm not buying!....so tired of paying another $6.95 for another shoe supposed to be "true to size"...many of these shoes are made on European lasts in China and the American foot is generally smaller in the heel than our European cousins...not saying everyone....but I notice a lot of ladies saying shoes are slipping off their feet when they take a step....also if your arch is lower your foot slide forward and if the shoe is wide, your foot moves forward, so sandals/peep toes are out....I'm no longer going to heed the siren song of a TSV or any other shoe!

Respected Contributor

Re: NOT BUYING ANY MORE SHOES !

Sounds as if you really need to try on shoes for a good fit.  That being said, it would probably be best if you shopped in store.

Honored Contributor

"Not slipping off the heel" is very subjective.  What slips off of your foot may not slip off on my foot.

Honored Contributor

If you feel the need to buy shoes on line, I'd suggest you shop at sites that offer free shipping in both directions.  Sounds like you have a hard to fit foot.  But ideally, shopping at a local shoe store would probably be best for you, so you can try them on.

Respected Contributor

I came to this conclusion years ago.  I am fussy about my shoes and I was sending back too much, so now I try shoes on and purchase in person.  I often go shopping and come back with no shoe purchase because I didn't find anything to satisfy me:  the uppers were too stiff, heel slipped, toes were cramped, sole was not flexible, etc. 

Sometimes I will buy online if I am reordering a shoe that has worked for me in the past.

Contributor

As I said , if you read my whole note, not all people have this problem, but if you scroll through the comments on many of the shoes, quite a few women do have this problem - in fact, doesn't the lady from Ryka always say that their shoes are made on a special last fit for a woman;s foot which tends to run narrow in the heel and wider at the toe?  From now on I am shopping in the stores for shoes...I just think that since many of the shoes on QVC now cost $100 and up, they might want to be very specific about the sizing - how much more money would they make if everyone knew what they were getting - perhaps the sale of several pairs???

Respected Contributor

As you say, it costs too much just to try on QVC's shoes, so I buy in stores and from online sites like Zappo which offer free shipping both ways.  I find that my favorite, albeit costly, brands, like ferragamo, offer consistent sizing, but cheaper shoes are all over the board, size-wise.

Honored Contributor

It will never happen that you can buy shoes untried guaranteed not to slip on heels.   I've tried shoes chosen by a pedorthist,  a professional shoe fitter,  and maybe one out of 4 or 5 don't slip.   If you have fit problems,  you need to buy shoes where you can try them on,  not on TV. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I had to go up a half size and took a chance on Skechers. I must have over a dozen in every color they are very comfortable when I walk. The only ones I don't buy have the ties. 

Honored Contributor

I've been "lucky" with shoes.  Only once I had to return some sandals to QVC ... but it was a design fault vs. my foot shape - my error in selection.  I have a  high instep and have to avoid some styles. 

I buy most of my casual shoes and boots at LandsEnd now.  Whoever manufactures there footwear - the styles and sizes are always perfect for me.  I have a lot of LE shoes.

Aerosoles is another good brand for me ... always fit.  Until recently, I bought them at the Aerosoles store or JCP ... but I've been ordering them online directly from Aerosoles ... with great success.  

JCP has some good shoe sales ... name brands.  Shoes are one of my "weaknesses."