Trusted Contributor

Re: More free shipping options and less return charges

QVC isn't in competition with Amazon.  No retailer is.  Amazon has their own shipping and delivery services and makes a lot of money from Prime, Prime Music, Prime TV, etc.  

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just to add....Amazon offers free shipping on a $35 purchase of items sold and shipped by Amazon.  

Also...if a price of an item is always $50 with additional shipping and then the $50 item is sold with free shipping, the shipping is free.  The price has not been raised.  

Retailer do play games and it is the consumer's responsibility to keep an eye on it.

The consumer has the power!

Honored Contributor

@Winkk wrote:

There are very few retailers that give you free shipping and free returns.  You have to have Amazon Prime to get free shipping and returns. But, it's not really free because you have to pay for Prime.

Everyone wants everything free.  Then when prices go up they complain about high prices.  What's a retailer to do???

Countless huge corporations are making extreme record profits (not Q, though) on the backs of consumers by price gouging, thus the cost of everything is way up. It's not the economy. It's pure greed by big corporations and the politicians who continue to push the annual $2Trillion in corporate welfare. It drives me nuts at how naive people are about it.

That said, we pay the shipping and returns one way or another. 

Honored Contributor

I believe they used to offer free returns.  Obviously the current rules are more advantageouss to them.  I never ordered multiples of the same item, but with something like jeans from a new source two sizes work better for me.  I factor in that return cost to the price of the pair I keep.  I do have a ceiling and NYDJ has been topping it in spades.  DG seems to be my favorite, but I digress.