Honored Contributor

Make *Repeatedly* Challenging Moderation -

[ Edited ]

- a Time Out from the forums offense, or a Bannable offense.

Repeated whines and challenges, many with ridiculously inappropriate, baiting, in-your-face titles, within a short time frame should be grounds for immediate institution of the above, whether it's the same poster or different posters referencing the same thread, however "cleverly."

The posters KNOW it's against Standards, PERIOD.

They KNOW it's rude and inappropriate.

It's EXTREMELY childish. That, they don't appear to get.

It's road rage; no self control, or desire for any, whatever.

Get.over.it.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

Re: Make *Repeatedly* Challenging Moderation -

@Moonchilde "thumbs up."

Honored Contributor

IN general, I agree. But I think there are some mods here that are way off base relative to the majority of them. They are not all on the same page, and that is unfair to posters who get 'spanked' when others get away with the exact same behavior or topics.

I think they maybe need some retraining or some guidelines that get all mods more on the same wavelength.

Respected Contributor

I think the moderators deserve medals.  I wouldn't last a day.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

There are regular posters who indeed are very clever. One thing that really gets to me is how often some repeat offenders get away with the baiting, yet if someone responds in the same vein, that is the post that usually gets deleted, the original bait left in place, as though it is okay.

For the record, when one of my posts gets deleted, I never whine and complain. It's just a post on a chat board, for heaven's sake,

Respected Contributor

I wasnt around when things went down so to speak.  I started a thread about why we couldnt discuss a current event cause i dont have cable.  Two comments, one explained briefly and the other was just strange.  But they closed my thread.  Dont recall this happening before.  

Trusted Contributor

Think several of the MODS are way off base.  That is my opinion.  Over-correction was done on these boards. And yes, I understand that this forum is owned by QVC. I believe a lot of the posters get frustrated and "challenge" the MODS because they do not get what was wrong with their post.  Let's just all post what we ate for dinner each evening.  Wonder if that would be safe?

Respected Contributor

@RoughDraft wrote:

I think the moderators deserve medals.  I wouldn't last a day.

They put up with a lot of c r a p.  They are doing their jobs but that's not enough for some ... they continue to make it harder for them while others rain down on them with their spiteful remarks.

Honored Contributor

@FLgardener wrote:

There are regular posters who indeed are very clever. One thing that really gets to me is how often some repeat offenders get away with the baiting, yet if someone responds in the same vein, that is the post that usually gets deleted, the original bait left in place, as though it is okay.

For the record, when one of my posts gets deleted, I never whine and complain. It's just a post on a chat board, for heaven's sake,

ITA, believe me. My comment was not about the fairness/unfairness, and I have commented on another thread about wishing that the moderators were allowed to keep tabs/statistics on posters who repeatedly, routinely do certain things to entrap others, and whack them upside the head.

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

IN general, I agree. But I think there are some mods here that are way off base relative to the majority of them. They are not all on the same page, and that is unfair to posters who get 'spanked' when others get away with the exact same behavior or topics.

I think they maybe need some retraining or some guidelines that get all mods more on the same wavelength.

I don't necessarily disagree with you, but my OP is a out not knowing when to let it go because, as has been said, it's a forum on a shopping channel.