Contributor

Love it or Return it......for 9.95....

I am so discouraged with buying clothes on QVC.
I am losing weight and in between sizes, and now if I need to return something, I am out the original 3.00 plus 6.95 to return the item.
I have been buying Denim & Co. for years as my work wardrobe. It washes well and is easy to maintain in dryer and with ironing.
However, the LOVE IT OR RETURN IT for 9.95 is turning me away from the Q.
And has me headed to brick and mortar stores like Kohl's & JCPenney.

Very frustrating.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Love it or Return it......for 9.95....

Other than Linea for which I know my sizes, I too no longer take a chance on fashion here at the Q; especially shoes which cost $5.00 to ship and $7.00 to return. 

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Esteemed Contributor

Same here, I quit buying clothes a long time ago - hate packing up returns - and then the cost is another issue.  Yesterday watching Susan Graver 'push' that coat and other items that have been on air many times in the past - she sounds desperate to make a sale.  From reviews I read many people complain items don't fit like previously and fabrics are cheap.    I gave all my SG items to charity - don't have any now.

Respected Contributor

Sorry to say I have to agree with princessme.  I am pretty discouraged also, and probably won't be buying much more in fashions from the Q. I really haven't changed sizes, but the clothing has.  Quacker Factory has changed & their tops are now too large in my old size - at least most of the time. I have some things from years back and the size is definitely different. Some of the pants in other lines that were once 27 or 27 1/2 in petite length are now too short at 26 inches. ( Not talking about ankle pants ) Linea is a bit too slim cut for an older lady like me, and my lifestyle doesn't work as well as it once did with Bob Mackie, my favorite.   So for me, B&M stores are the answer. I really don't like Kohl's, and not a big fan of JCP.  Mostly I go to Belk and/or Dillards, and Talbot's or SteinMart.  

Honored Contributor

Everything I read about clothing retailers is just plain bad news.  It doesn't seem to matter what they're selling, what they're charging with the exception of the high level that very few of us pay off.

I'm a brick and mortar buyer for clothing almost always.  I have a hard enough time getting a fit I like or which at least can be altered to suit - and that's with trying on sometimes a dozen garments!  I wouldn't be buying much clothing even if I could return it free - it's just not worth the effort for the most part.  And that goes for shoes, too.  I rarely even order them from Zappos ust becasue I know a hge percentage of shoes get returned and I have heavy-duty foot issues.  A local fitter who actually knows feet is a necessity for me.

One good possibility -  alll the financial analysts seem to be saying the same thing right now - clothing is such a serious problem for so many retailers that they expect bigger discounts - probably the last 2 weeks before Christmas.

Honored Contributor

@princessmeI wish I could find clothing at JCP and Kohls.  I just heard they are discounting more than any other clothing retailers right now - a sign they are desperate to build traffic, but it could work for you.

Esteemed Contributor

Hi @millieshops, Many of us can relate to your issues.  Try to find retailers websites who offer free shipping both ways.  yes, it's a pain to have to return things, but it won't be a pain in your pocketbook.  I have good luck with a few retailers, including Macy's for some items.  If you get an LLBean credit card, shipping is always free.  If you have a problem getting shoes to fit, I suggest the FootSmart catalog.  They offer many different brands of shoes (and boots), as well as many products to help foot problems.  Right now they are offering free shipping on orders over $59.  Hope this helps you.

Trusted Contributor

Shipping costs, and if you make a purchase, decide not to keep it, and send something back, why should you not cover shipping?  If you do not pay for it, who should?  The rest of us with higher prices?

Althought it may seem unfair to you,, the fact is you are getting an item, having it packaged and shipped to you, and then returning it up to 30 days later.  This is an item that QVC can then not sell -- at least not during the time you jhave it.  Likely, the item will not be able to be sold as new and will then have to be discounted and sold as-is or in an outlet.  So, again, why should you not at least pay shipping?

And before you begin citing companies which offer "free shipping," know that not only do these retailers build shipping into their prices, but know that QVC is up-front with its shipping charges.  QVC is hiding nothing from you.  If you opt to "take a chance" on something when your sizing has changed and you are unsure of the appropriate size, I do not see how you can fault QVC.

Trusted Contributor

Buying clothes on line is always a risk. I always wait for reviews. Many people include fitting and quality details that help me make a decision on whether or not to purchase. As far as returns - you do not have to use the 6.95 prepaid shipping label. Just take the package to the post office and ship it the cheapest way possible. If you are returning multiple items, put them all in one package, with the paperwork. You will pay a whole lot less.

Trusted Contributor

Judging from the amount of SG clothes in the "As is" section, there must be a lot of returns.