Valued Contributor

Re: Lisa Rinna's Fat Shaming Rant

[ Edited ]

Lisa Rinna thinks it is o.k. to say anything she wants as long as she "owns it"!  It is not o.k. to insult people who spend their hard earned money on her clothes!!  (I would never buy her clothes - I have better looking things in my "rag bag"!)

It is obvious that her daughters are the same way.  I remember last season when she took her daughters back to her home town, and they made some nasty comment about the people there being fat.  I guess the apples don't fall far from the rotten tree!

I really hope that people let Lisa know that what she says is not o.k. by not buying her clothes.  I am surprised and disappointed  by QVC accepting these comments.  They certainly didn't put up with Paula Deens' comments for very long.  Wake up QVC and show your customers some support!

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because of name calling

Esteemed Contributor

Did not hear her rant.  But I am aware of all the negatives against size and shape that do not match the so called "ideal."  

I am short, curvy, have extra weight on me.  And my friends who are "light weight" have taken falls and have ended up with broken bonesand in the hospital.  Today I missed a step going backward adjusting a shelf.  I fell hard.  My extras saved me.  Second time this happened.. first time from a ladder.  So while I do not fit the perfect 5 foot model I am and have been much safer in the long run over time with some "fat."  My two cents, sorry.  

Esteemed Contributor

Another comment.. just thinking. Perhaps she wanted the attention.  Two kinds of attention and this is from a retired school teacher.... my good kids got attention witih good grades, good manner and good intentions.  My not so good kids got attention also... by doing all those things that would ultiimately get them sent to the principals office.  Attention IS ATTENTION...

Valued Contributor

I wonder if Q will be taking phone calls from customers when Lisa is on the air again. 

Trusted Contributor

@Day1128 wrote:

I wonder if Q will be taking phone calls from customers when Lisa is on the air again. 

@Day1128 Now that would be FUN !

Esteemed Contributor

On another thread, a poster quote Lisa R's apology and explanation to her " fans and QVC family"!  I am not buying her clothing and never have!  But, she might be aware of impending low or non-existent sales here in the future!  Could be the beginning of the end!

Esteemed Contributor

@Beth-QVC wrote:
This post has been removed by QVC because of name calling

Okay...now that's too funny!!!!

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Trusted Contributor

@bonnielu wrote:

Another comment.. just thinking. Perhaps she wanted the attention.  Two kinds of attention and this is from a retired school teacher.... my good kids got attention witih good grades, good manner and good intentions.  My not so good kids got attention also... by doing all those things that would ultiimately get them sent to the principals office.  Attention IS ATTENTION...

I am thinking you are correct on the perverse need for attention that has invaded society. IMHO facebook is partly responsible....posting endless selfies and talking about oneself constantly breeds unhealthy narcisissm. 

To go to these lengths to get attention shows me a person struggling to maintain relevance. 

QVC Customer Care