Honored Contributor

Re: Let's Suggest Some New Products!

Men's accesories.  Especially around Christmas gift-giving time. Similarly, gifts for tweens and teens

Respected Contributor

Anything would be better than another vacuum cleaner. Geez!

Esteemed Contributor

I would love to see some international items.  Perhaps some shows similar to the way the Irish shows are shown.  An assortment of clothing, jewelry, decorative items that would be affordable and representative of each country.  Even if each country had major time for one day a year.

More international items for holiday decor.  Granted, some might be a bit more expensive than the usual predictable showings, but easy pay would help getting one unusual piece. I have always admired Italian nativity sets, for example.  

Honored Contributor

@bluehost wrote:

Sooner,fyi..... but the world has not had it's fill of technology. That's the point. We're moving more to automation & technology is what is driving it.

BTW: I may not be as enchanted as many. I too have been in the tech industry for a long time. 

@bluehost To me it is a tool.  Nothing more.  The new and the excitement and the promise (much of which is still a long way off) wore off long ago. My husband and I were both in the making it work end of the business, and are old.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'd like to see:

Higher quality lines of clothing and decorating products. 

More natural fabrics.  Ex: I'd buy more Louis Dell'Olio in wool and cotton, but I suppose I need to convince him.

Individualist fashion and shoe designers who don't copy every other designer and new trend. 

I'd like to see some specialty fashion hours every week rather than featuring one designer or mixed styles all the time as is done now.  Here are some ideas...brainstorming.  

Ex.  Wash and wear, Western, natural fabrics, preppy, career, gardening, American style, Made in America, classics, what to wear when it's very hot...cold...raining outside, all leather jackets and coats including leather barn jackets, hottest new trends, patriotic, pet clothing and jewelry for humans, all moccasins - Manitobah Mukluks anyone?, and so on.

QVC used to sell quite few unique gadgets and tools for around the house.  Haven't seen much recently.

Variety of Karcher gardening products. 

That's a start.  Will add more as I think about it.

Frye and Softinos shoes in narrow widths.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

Rather than complain about old stuff QVC sells, let's suggest some new!

How about just as it starts to get warmer next spring, a show of kites?  Those beautiful kits you see but never figure out where to buy!  I think that would be fun for a few shows and something different.  You could sell them with items for picnics.

How about a show occasionally featuring writing materials:  Stationary, lovely pens, decorated computer paper, journals, etc.  Maybe even fountain pens. 

A whole show of cookbooks.  In the spring and graduation time, items for new homeowners, or items for graduates such as household, items to do laundry, some nice jewelry pieces, wardrobe for work--that would be a good one!  

I agree  with many of your suggestions, for instance many kids and parents do write thank you notes, sympathy notes etc.  A post on facebook or a text IMO is not always approporate.  How fun for a summertime show with fun stuff.  They don't have to beat these shows to death but maybe three times a day and then gone. Higher end mens accessories, wallets, belts etc.  Think gifts you give that you have not purchased on QVC. 

Most everything you and others suggest is readily available and people still do buy non electronics.  I love my phone, make grocery lists, reminders, pay bills etc and always have my calendar with me so I'm not stuck in the dark ages.  Maybe it will work and maybe not but QVC is so stale it couldn't hurt.  

Honored Contributor

There are 12-15 pages of new items every day.

Granted, they will probably never see air time, but it has given Q a huge variety of types of items sold.  Many are things never offered before.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Sooner.  Stationery?  I haven't written a letter in years.

@Kachina624   Don't you write thank you notes?  Condolence notes when some dies or get well notes when they are ill?  

We write a lot of small notes, for personal life especially and for business contacts.  

Honored Contributor

@Sooner.  I send condolence cards when someone dies.  It's been years since I needed to send a thank you.  I have note cards but have no need to send them.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Sooner.  I send condolence cards when someone dies.  It's been years since I needed to send a thank you.  I have note cards but have no need to send them.

@Kachina624 I use the plain note cards and usually just write a message on them rather than sending a card from somewhere for those.  I write something on the card anyway, so I have come to just send the personal message without card. . . I guess that makes sense.  Note card not purchased greeting.