Valued Contributor

Let Jen Host on Monday Nights!

Jen Coffey hosted PM Style for three hours, and she was wonderful!

She was a pleasure to watch the entire time. Usually, I have to change channels because I can't take the craziness that has nothing to do with fashion.......but with Jen, I watched a charming, articulate, talented host who did a great job of presenting the items, plus she had a great relationship with all the vendors.

I hope we get to see more of her on Monday nights!

Honored Contributor

Re: Let Jen Host on Monday Nights!

I don't know what was going on last week, but I found myself watching QVC a little more often because the host lineup had changed and I saw people I normally don't see. It was quite nice to see people I usually only see in videos online.

Honored Contributor

@65and fabulous wrote:

Jen Coffey hosted PM Style for three hours, and she was wonderful!

She was a pleasure to watch the entire time. Usually, I have to change channels because I can't take the craziness that has nothing to do with fashion.......but with Jen, I watched a charming, articulate, talented host who did a great job of presenting the items, plus she had a great relationship with all the vendors.

I hope we get to see more of her on Monday nights!

You took the words out of my mouth 🌷

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Valued Contributor

I feel so differently and just had to say so. I stuck it out Monday with her because I wanted to see the clothes, but if it becomes a regular thing, I will find something else to watch on Mondays.

Respected Contributor

I strongly disagree.  Not that I am worried, but if she takes Shawn's air time I won't watch.  I can't and won't watch her on any show.

Frequent Contributor

Ditto.  Would change channel.  Always do when she is hosting.  Sorry

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I also enjoyed Jennifer. 

But it's not just the Monday night shows.  I am so tired of any show being tagged with a specific permanent host.  I have not watched Monday nights in ages.  I actually like Shawn, but unfortunately when some hosts are given their own shows, something happens to them.  They are no longer hosts, some of them transform into "TV stars" and get quite carried away with themselves and their image, to the point I cannot watch any longer.  I want to purchase items, that's why I watch.  Sometimes I feel the vendors need not show up.  Conversely, I find Shawn quite charming and delightful on other shows she hosts. 

There are other hosts that I think fall into this same trap of having their own shows, as opposed to hosting a variety of shows and products.  To QVC's credit, I've noticed them mixing hosts up quite a bit these past couple of weeks -- Amy with a garden show, Carolyn with jewelry shows, Antonella with Quacker Factory, etc.  I think it's a start in the right direction.

While I'm on my rare soapbox, I wish QVC would rotate the hosts on the Beauty iQ channel as well.  I would LOVE to see Alberti in all hosting responsibilities.  I do not watch Beauty iQ any longer because of all the giggling that goes on over there.  Rotating the hosts, keeping it fresh & interesting, would get me to watch since I love beauty products. 

Valued Contributor

@Pawslover    Have to agree about Jennifer. Her phony laugh sends me to the remote every time. Just can't watch.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I rarely watch QVC anymore.  More than anything, I look at the Q website. I am so sick of hosts who speak in babytalk, make up words, dance around the sets and don't foucs on the product they are selling!

When I have seen Jennifer, I have enjoyed her presentations.  She speaks fluently and coherently and knows her products.  I might even start watching Monday nights...

Contributor

I used to watch PM Style religiously for years.  When Shawn first took over, it wasn't bad.  As she became more comfortable with the role, it became more about her and not the clothes she was selling.  I stopped watching.  When I was flipping channels the other night, I noticed she wasn't there and watched  Jen for the 1st tme.  Yes her laugh is fake, but at least she sold the clothes.  I care about the clothes and not the dancing, not the abbreviated words and I really don't care about the hosts' problems.  Just sell the clothes by telling me as much as you can about them including the measurements.