Contributor

Please, once and for all- tell JRT and the rest of the hosts- it is not Len knocks. Its Len ex. Please listen to the product's vendors!

Respected Contributor

I never paid attention to hosts like J Tracey saying Len knocks instead of Len nex...surprised they mispronounce The word Lenox.

Honored Contributor

Isn't she the one who says "aerosol" shoes?    I've always lived in large cities with many dialects..........     I remember WAY back in grade school when there was a "controversy" over how to pronounce Caribbean.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

And there are many newscasters who pronounce Iraq as Eye-Rack...........

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

Isn't she the one who says "aerosol" shoes?    I've always lived in large cities with many dialects..........     I remember WAY back in grade school when there was a "controversy" over how to pronounce Caribbean.

I grew up in Westchester County...people from Manhattan and boroughs would call it upstate...anyway, there are tons of dialects I grew up hearing...still cringe when I hear earl (oil), turlit (toilet) ax (ask), yuuuuge (huge), and lots of dees and dems, whatevah!

Trusted Contributor

Some of us have different ways of pronouncing words. My kids make fun of me the way I pronounce aluminum . I haven't lived that word down yet. I barely can spell it. Lol

Respected Contributor

<turlit (toilet> my mind goes to All in the Family's Archie Bunker when I hear that pronunciation!Smiley LOL

I am glad their are differing dialects . It would be so boring if everyone sounded the same.

Honored Contributor

@AKgirl2 wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

I grew up in Westchester County...people from Manhattan and boroughs would call it upstate...anyway, there are tons of dialects I grew up hearing...still cringe when I hear earl (oil), turlit (toilet) ax (ask), yuuuuge (huge), and lots of dees and dems, whatevah!

My in-laws are from Queens NY. That is how they pronounce toilet. turlit! 

Honored Contributor

I will need to respectfully disagree. The pronunciation "Len-Ocks" is just as acceptable as "Len-ex". 

As a proper noun, a name may be pronounced differently according to the wishes of the user.

My Lenox Outlet Store answers the phone "lenocks".1