Valued Contributor

Re: Jewelry shows and nail polish

they are Stacey S and Antwinella (sp)

Respected Contributor

@junera wrote:

I used this forum to express my opinion of dark colors of nail polish on hosts of jewelry shows...not hating dark colors on hosts presenting clothes or makeup, etc.  I find the dark nails distract from the jewelry item while being presented on tv.  Sorry!  Not sure why that suggestion or opinion caused  so many deleted responses.  I guess having an opinion no longer is acceptable in pic world!  If you disagree...fine but as a qvc shopper I offered my opinion even if it is not the opinion of all shoppers.

@Gabidog Don't let it bother you, this happens all the time on these forums. Keep posting your opinion. Woman HappyHeart

Don't worry, be Happy!
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@nomless wrote:

I am able to see rings no matter what color if any is on a host's nails. I don't understand how a nail color could hide a ring. ??? I'm perplexed.

@nomless  Garish nail color is a huge distraction,  and Antonella is the worst offender.   I sit and wonder at the ugly nails and never even notice the jewelry.   Hosts used to be required to wear neutral Polish.   It was a sad day when they dropped that requirement. 

Oh. Ok, I can see that some viewers might find some colors distracting, but I still don't get how a nail color could hide a ring. Oh, well, since I like all nail colors and never experience that problem, I guess I don't have to understand the phenomenon of a ring being hidden. 

Honored Contributor

Personally the dark colors don't bother me.  What is distracting to me is a bad manicure or someone presenting an item and they are in bad need of a fill on their fake nails or gel polish.  I don't notice this much on QVC but I've seen hosts on JTV and Liquidation Channel who are about 2 weeks past due for a fill.  Their nails are grown out halfway up their nail bed. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

The nail color is not distracting to me but the nail condition can be with extreme camera close ups. Ragged nails, dry cuticles and bad manicures become very unappealing. If the modern nail polish trends bother people, and enough folks agree, Q might pay attention. i enjoy reading other viewer's opinions, including posts like the OP, that are thoughtfully expressed. 

Respected Contributor

For me, garish colors are distracting when presenting jewelry.  Antonella is the worst offender to me.  I also don't care for the funky colors or having one finger a different color than the others, french manicures or fake nails.  I know my opinion might not be popular, but we all have our preferences, lol.  I would rather see nicely manicured short natural nails than any of that,  LOL, I remember when Lisa used to go on air and you could see her nails not looking so good and often with brown fake tanner around the edges....yuck!