Respected Contributor

Re: Jewelry shows and nail polish

I guess it all comes down to one's personal taste, but I don't care for the odd colors (greens, blues, yellow) and different color on one nail on each hand.  Too distracting IMO but I realize not everyone shares my opinion.

QVC Customer Care

Respected Contributor

Why  are people so childish?  Whatever! Woman HappyHeart

Don't worry, be Happy!
Esteemed Contributor

I agree with OP....I find the darker color polish  very distracting...

Honored Contributor

@nomless wrote:

I am able to see rings no matter what color if any is on a host's nails. I don't understand how a nail color could hide a ring. ??? I'm perplexed.

@nomless  Garish nail color is a huge distraction,  and Antonella is the worst offender.   I sit and wonder at the ugly nails and never even notice the jewelry.   Hosts used to be required to wear neutral Polish.   It was a sad day when they dropped that requirement. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Dark colors don't bother me. What does is when each nail is a different color, or each one has a different pattern painted over it. I find those distracting.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is unkind.

Respected Contributor

I am one that likes nail polish on the show host when she is selling jewelry. A nice manicure is always a good thing.Woman HappyHeart

Don't worry, be Happy!
Valued Contributor

I used this forum to express my opinion of dark colors of nail polish on hosts of jewelry shows...not hating dark colors on hosts presenting clothes or makeup, etc.  I find the dark nails distract from the jewelry item while being presented on tv.  Sorry!  Not sure why that suggestion or opinion caused  so many deleted responses.  I guess having an opinion no longer is acceptable in pic world!  If you disagree...fine but as a qvc shopper I offered my opinion even if it is not the opinion of all shoppers.

Valued Contributor

Junera.... I definitely agree with you, the dark grey polish is horrible.  Q should have the girls wear neutral well groomed nails. There are 2 gals in particular that do jewelry shows that need a talking to.