Occasional Contributor

All morning long, Jacqui has been shrieking "It's only  5 1/2 weeks until Christmas! It's only 5 1/2 weeks until Christmas!".  Unless she's working from another calendar, Christmas still falls on December 25 and, according to my calculations, there are 47 days, or almost 7 full weeks until The Big Day... and I'm pretty sure there will be plenty of Q merchandise to go around.  Pump the brakes, Jacqui!

Respected Contributor

Re: Jacqui's math ???

[ Edited ]

Just stick with your calendar.  I'm sure everyone is aware how far away Xmas is.

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Respected Contributor

So she can't count.  Be happy she's not your accountant.

Respected Contributor

Jacqui.....try not to watch her unless it's,a show from which I'm really interested in buying items. I think she gets a little too hyper. I do feel bad she suffers from asthma so badly. I do as well so I know it's a struggle for her at times to be on air. 

Esteemed Contributor

Maybe she meant 5.5 weeks left to order to get the stuff on time.  If so, she should have clarifed that.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:

Maybe she meant 5.5 weeks left to order to get the stuff on time.  If so, she should have clarifed that.

That's what I would assume. And I'd have said 5 weeks, since it takes QVC so long to ship things these days. I'd never order a gift from QVC if I needed it in under two weeks. 

Super Contributor

She did say in the show I saw that it was 5.5 weeks until we would have to pay more for s&h in order for the item(s) to arrive in time for Christmas. 

Honored Contributor

I just wish they would steer her away from Bob Mackie.  I just don't enjoy the show when she makes herself the star attraction.  I wonder if he requests her?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@mimilucy wrote:

She did say in the show I saw that it was 5.5 weeks until we would have to pay more for s&h in order for the item(s) to arrive in time for Christmas. 

Spot on.

Curious, I looked at the calendar.  

Yep, pretty much 5.5 weeks, or

5.75 weeks w/ $$ shipping or

6.00 weeks w/ $$$ shipping or

6.25 weeks w/ $$$$ shipping & a Santa Claus miracle.

Chances are the people saying QVC should tap the brakes are the same people who complain about 'not getting gifts in time & QVC ruined their Christmas.'   Those threads WILL exist on 12/26...guaranteed.  Wait until the last minute, pay the price. 

Honored Contributor

If I wanted to order something from QVC for a x-mas gift, I'd be ordering it absolutely no later than Thanksgiving or I'd shop elsewhere.