Honored Contributor

@VancouverUSAgal wrote:

I won't buy anything presented by the hosts I find obnoxious.  It's not like there aren't a million other places and ways to spend our money.  The only possible way things wll change is if sales drop in response to talk of butts or shaking them around. Same goes for presenters who talk over the hosts or hosts who don't bother giving us the info.  

The only power we have here is how we give them our money. 

Exactly right. You can absolutely "vote" with your wallet.

And if your desired changes do NOT come to pass, and things, words and people you don't approve of do NOT disappear because sales do NOT drop, then your "vote" and the votes of those who have the same views, were not sufficient to effect change. 

QVC has stated a while back (1-2 years ago at least) that they want to attract younger viewers. They are going strongly for viewers who are younger and more media-savvy. I personally believe they *hope* their over-55 viewers will drop away, so I'm sure not looking for them to do anything special to keep such viewers.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

We're the ones with the most disposable income.  No kids around our ankles, college to pay for, etc.

Honored Contributor

Really. If I wanted an item, I couldn't care less who the host was presenting it. How ridiculous. Oh forgot to say, IMHO. Ha! I have a very happy life, no hard feelings with people I don't even know.

Valued Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

I don't tune in to any of those shows and Isaac's any more. I'd rather have a root canal.   I use the 'items recently on air' option to see if there's anything I missed I'd like to have.

I do the same thing as you do. I will not, repeat will not buy one thing she is selling. I go to the on air presentation. S.K. must really bring in the sales, because it does not matter how she dances, prances, speaks " cutie talk" nothing seems to matter how she acts, she I'm afraid is here to stay. UGH!!!!!!!!!

bamasec

Respected Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@VancouverUSAgal wrote:

I won't buy anything presented by the hosts I find obnoxious.  It's not like there aren't a million other places and ways to spend our money.  The only possible way things wll change is if sales drop in response to talk of butts or shaking them around. Same goes for presenters who talk over the hosts or hosts who don't bother giving us the info.  

The only power we have here is how we give them our money. 

Exactly right. You can absolutely "vote" with your wallet.

And if your desired changes do NOT come to pass, and things, words and people you don't approve of do NOT disappear because sales do NOT drop, then your "vote" and the votes of those who have the same views, were not sufficient to effect change. 

QVC has stated a while back (1-2 years ago at least) that they want to attract younger viewers. They are going strongly for viewers who are younger and more media-savvy. I personally believe they *hope* their over-55 viewers will drop away, so I'm sure not looking for them to do anything special to keep such viewers.

Ahhh, but if all the "lumps and bumps" hiders (as some hosts assume anyone over 55 to be) drop away, who is going to buy all that liquid knit and denim & co? Lol  From what I see out and about, younger people pretty much let it all hang out. They are the "full disclosure" crowd. I don't see them diving into "Carolyn's Closet" for their fashion or wearing Dotty Graver.

Trusted Contributor

I used to like Shawn...even with her "made-up" words and silly antics...she was likable to me.

I agree with someone who said in the past year or so she's changed ALOT.  I think she tries too hard to act cool, or what she thinks is cool...hate the adjective she uses of saying things are "sick"....not appealing to me when she's trying to describe something.  She's too mature for that kind of talk.  I also don't like how she appears to "talk over" Isaac when she's on with him...she almost acts like HE's interrupting her...he's the designer and deserves respect when she's showing his items.  Seems also like she feels entitled to be able to act this way, I don't know.  She's not the same Shawn she was, in my humble opinion anyway. 

And I also agree that Albany is way over the top too many times with the male vendors.  She may think she's being cutesy or funny, but it really does come across as being crude!

Honored Contributor

I agree with a lot of what has been said in this thread and I believe in respect shown. Towards each other, towards the product, etc..... but... there isn't much respct "out there" in life anymore.  I believe what is reflected in some of these shows is exactly the kind of rapport that is "out there".  I have a hard time with some of it and will skip those shows.

I sold antiques in three antique stores at one time and what I learned is that the customer that came into my booth while I was there working did NOT want to be talked to.  They didn't want to know what was on sale, didn't want to talk to me and if I started a conversation they generally left my area.  I came to think that this was the way it was and when someone came into my booth, I left the area in order to leave them alone.  I find I am this way in a Dept store.... leave me alone and I'll find you if I need you....

A shopping channel has "air time" so of course there will be hosts talking about the item but as far as I can tell, customers want the information but they don't want a party.  They don't want someone referring to another as a "Bugger" (bad-bad word)... they don't want touchy-feely vendors or butt-shake dancing .  They want their information (because they are limited in their senses when seeing an item over the television) but we don't want the party...   Tasteful and gentle jokes and kidding, sure, I think we all appreciate that....   

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Contributor

Why is this any different from Renee Greenstein?  She is constantly asking the models and hosts to show their butts.  You can see on many of their faces that they are mortified to do this.  Just because she touts her line as no more wiggle, no more jiggle doesn't make it mandatory.  She is just as guilty.