Honored Contributor

I know that this feature is not currently available with whatever software version we are using, but I just want to re-state my wish for an ignore feature in the future.

Every other forum I post on has this feature. 

It is a necessity when posting with the masses.

;o)

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I would love an 'IgnoreThread' as well.

Some thread titles are so disturbing, I leave rather than keep seeing it, it's too depressing.

And it's not a matter of me 'sticking my head in the sand' regarding a disturbing topic, I'm well aware of it from the news, but I find it depressing to read it over and over.

I can easily bypass a disturbing thread, but there's no escaping a disturbing thread title.

I come here to escape the horrors going on in our world, although I'm well aware of them.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Super Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

I would love an 'IgnoreThread' as well.

Some thread titles are so disturbing, I leave rather than keep seeing it, it's too depressing.

And it's not a matter of me 'sticking my head in the sand' regarding a disturbing topic, I'm well aware of it from the news, but I find it depressing to read it over and over.

I can easily bypass a disturbing thread, but there's no escaping a disturbing thread title.

I come here to escape the horrors going on in our world, although I'm well aware of them.

Thank you for saying exactly what I am feeling.  

Honored Contributor

I guess I am in the minority but I never used the ignore feature in the past so I don't need it now. I just bypass the threads that I am not interested in or that might bother me. If I open a thread and then find it disturbing, I simply close it and never go back to it. 

Esteemed Contributor

I would appreciate the option to have an Ignore button to use on certain posters. I would use it very seldomly, but it would be nice to be able to proactively avoid posts from some people who are consistently demeaning to other posters, are pot stirrers, or trolls. There are a few out there.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Super Contributor

Hi, @wilma  I think the OP might referencing the posts regarding animal abuse.  It is very disturbing to see the headlines in the news day after day.  So it is very unpleasant to come here and see that in the title of some of these posts without even opening the post.  The other stuff I can just ignore.  

Respected Contributor

Since the mods have been overseeing the boards I haven't found a need for an ignore button.  I have not seen any threads that are offensive. 

If there is a topic that you don't like, just skip over it.  I skip over more threads than I read.  My opinion of an ignore button is to not pay attention to posters who always post negative comments.  You can't use an ignore button on a thread title because you don't know who is going to post a negative and/or offensive thread until it is already posted.  And, if it is really offensive the mods will take it down.

Respected Contributor

I believe somewhere in these threads they said that it would be available next year with any luck.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Ignore Feature

[ Edited ]

@wilma

The problem is that sometimes it's  threads that you actually wish to read and perhaps 95% of the posts are fine. Even if they bring a different perspective or opinion from yours. That's not the problem. It's always the balance of the miserable hateful people that I am convince troll from thread to thread that I wish to ignore. .

Honored Contributor

Exactly @icezeus

And, for me, there are just some people I want to totally avoid.  They never have anything happy or positive to say and interject their sourness about life into every thread.

My scrolling finger is tired.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN