Contributor

IT Cosmetics--Jamie Talks Too Fast

The products are very good, but I can't stand more than 5 minutes of watching any presentation done by Jamie, because she talks way, way, WAY too fast and is just too intense, enthusiastic and perky.  Does she think she gets paid by the number of words that come out of her mouth?  Does she always drink twelve cups of expresso right before she goes on the air?  After a few minutes of watchig her presentation, I'm so exhausted I have to change the channel.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: IT Cosmetics--Jamie Talks Too Fast

I love her products, so I listen.  I find that most of the younger generation talk real fast and hard to understand.  Sometime they do not pronounce their words or we have the sing song endings.  Yes she does speak too fast I noticed watching last week, but glad I did, because I brought a wonderful product.  Gave it a five star review.  The French set, with the white lipstick, the Ombre blush and the gloss.  Great set.   Best I ever used.  The perfect pink for me and the lipstick and gloss last, it,s a stain, but lots of moisture, yet last.  Love it.

When I call a company and the person on the other end is talking fast, I tell them, slow down, speak slower, I,m old.

Respected Contributor

Frankly, if you've seen one of her presentations on an item, there's no use watching it again, because the presentation is EXACTLY the same each time.  Boring! 

Honored Contributor

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

Frankly, if you've seen one of her presentations on an item, there's no use watching it again, because the presentation is EXACTLY the same each time.  Boring! 

OF COURSE it's the same because the product hasn't changed.   What did you expect?   

OP, I don't find her talking too fast, at all.    When was the last time you had your hearing checked?   

Esteemed Contributor

I assume the reason why she and most vendors speak quickly, is because they are trying to get a few words in before they are cut off to tell you about the e/p's and how many items have sold. (smile)

Honored Contributor

We, the people who live in the northeast states don't think we talk too fast.  We think Everyone else listens too slow.

She sounds fine to me.

Trusted Contributor

IMHO, she does not talk to fast. But she does have limited time to do all she has to do. I can understand her perfectly as I am attentive to people when they speak and I care to listen.

Perhaps you could be more attentive, and not focus on how fast you think she talks.

Respected Contributor

A while back I read an article on Jamie in some business magazine.  She told about her first ever presentation on air and how she was nervous - sat in the car for a while before walking in to the Q.  She also mentioned that she has a propensity to speak very fast.  The guys in the control room prompted her to slow down and breathe during her first presentation.  So she knows she talks fast.

I agree with another post that mentions she only has a few minutes to get it all in.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Valued Contributor

I've noticed she gets speedy during her last scheduled on air presentation that day, and gets a little flustered as well if she's tired. I just try to catch the presentation when her business partner is on late at night instead. The script is the same without the rushed atmosphere. I'm not old, also.

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

We, the people who live in the northeast states don't think we talk too fast.  We think Everyone else listens too slow.

She sounds fine to me.

She sounds fine to me, also.       And just like some are bad at reading comprehension, people can also be below average at listening comprehension.   I don't know why this is, but if you have cable, you can back up the comment and replay it.