Honored Contributor

Re: I wish heavy long thick acrylic nails were ban on hosts.

Let's just use those plastic mannequin "hands"...........ya know, the kind grandma used to store her rings on.....................

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Valued Contributor

First off, I ADORE AN, and I always think she looks FABULOUS, no matter what.  She is a great hostest with a natural, down-to-earth presentation and she seems to be just the sweetest, most sincere person.

But her nails yesterday really did distract me, also. I didn't mind the color, it was the odd shape of the tips, I really struggled to focus on the jewelry pieces.  I didn't hear her comment about it, but am not surprised; my guess is she will proceed quickly back to her manicurist to have them fixed. 

I'm so glad we live in a world where nails do not define who we are as human beings, and where we can have a little mis-hap such as mis-shapened nails and move on with our lives.  It says nothing of either Antonella's character for having the nails, or ours, for noticing them.  There are so many truly important things to fret about, and Antonella strikes me as someone who knows what matters the most and would happily share a chuckle with us about how her nails looked on our big screen tv's. At least, I'd like to think so.  

Respected Contributor

It seems to me that people are always complaining about Antonella's nails, they don't like the color, too long, too short, chipped, bad manicure, even a complaint about a bandaid on her finger.

I think Antonella is a sweetheart, she is sincere she is beautiful I love her laugh, so what if her nails are not always perfect.

Don't worry, be Happy!
Respected Contributor

I thought her nails looked dreadful yesterday.  The focus should be on the jewelry not the nails, lol.  Making a comment about knowing that you need a manicure just doesn't cut it, when you know your hands are on display with close ups and jewelry. It's kind of gross to see the real nail gorwing out underneath with the thick fake nail on top. I think the hosts that have short, natural nails look the nicest and to me, more professional looking.  Nancy, Jill, Jennifer and even Jane come to mind.  Several of the hosts have gotten rid of the fake nails in recent years and they look much nicer. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

When presenting jewelry, I feel the hosts should hve shorter nails, freshly manicured, and a neutral color polish.  There should be posts about the lovely jewelry..........not about the distracting nails.  I never watch AN present jewelry, largely because I find her nails/bright colors too distracting for me.

I so agree with you.  I like Antonella and I'm wearing turquoise nail polish right now but....I'm not doing jewelry demos either.  The colors distract me from the jewelry.  Alot of the women vendors also have distracting colors on sometimes,too.  It should be just part of the job to have neutral nails.  Not attacking women,putting them down just business sense.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

The long acrylic nails don't seem to be in style in most places; the look seems

rather dated now

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Around here, I dont seen many people with fake nails. In the late 1990s/early 2000s, they seem to be more popular.

Honored Contributor

Her nails are so different from how she normally wears them that I suspect she may be doing them herself.  Very difficult to do and keep them thin enough and that's the one thing I noticed is how thick and oddly shaped they are.  If she's doing them herself.... that would explain a lot....  but more power to her~!!   

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

I too get a lot of compliments on the ImPress brand of glue on nails however I have tips now but keep them pretty short, they look natural and I prefer them to the gel manicures I had been getting in the past.