Valued Contributor

I hate the new website on the iPad!

First, I can't use rich text. I have to select HTML to even write a post. Second, when you login to post, it doesn't take you back to where you were when you logged in. It takes you to My Account, and you have to navigate back. But the worst? There is nowhere on the drop down menu on the home page for items recently on air, item now on air, or any of the other items I want to get to quickly. The block on the home page that is titled Items Recently on Air used to take you to a listing with pictures and the product name. Now you have to click on the individual pictures to find out anything about it and keep clicking back to the home page to see the next one without knowing who made it. Huge waste of my time! Please fix it or I won't even be online to shop anymore. I already quit watching most of what's being aired. Soon, I'll not be able to tolerate the online shopping experience either. Oh, and there was no link to the forums on the home page either. I am using the "search" function to find the pages that used to have links on the home page. That's how I found the program schedule and was able to then link to the items recently on air as well as to the forums.

Valued Contributor

Re: I hate the new website on the iPad!

Now that I tried to post, it also made me sign in again to post my message even though I just signed in before trying to post! It also did not keep the paragraphs in my post. I had 4-5 paragraphs, and now it's one long block. This is not better!
Occasional Contributor

I agree. It is not very easy to navigate at all. Very frustrating. I do not browse at all any more. Guess that is good for my pocketbook!! I wish they had left the site as it was!!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I also use an iPad. It took me a while to find things. I can't speak to all of your concerns but I've found a few in the last couple of days. At the bottom of the front page it says " view full footer" with a + sign to the right of it. If you click on the + sign it will open up the footer with a link to the forums and blogs.  Also, if you click on the Menu on the top left of the front page (to the left of Search) you can click  on "Shop QVC" it will show the previously aired items as it used to be.  

Super Contributor

For those on an iPad I found it at the top on the left under the 3 short lines (can't see the word under them), click on those lines and it opens a window and select Shop QVC TV and then you'll get another window, which you'll see Items Recently On Air, Item On Air, Watch QVC TV, or Program Guide. Also, you won't be able to find it directly on the front page further down, any more. Not sure if this mess is temporary with viewing on the iPad or it's the new way.

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
~ Ian Maclaren
Honored Contributor

I use an iPad and I'm just not seeing these issues. The same drop-down menu in the upper right corner with "Recently on Air", etc. that has been there for more than a month is still there. At the bottom of the main page I still see plainly a link for Blogs and Forums.  I have the choice to use Rich Text.

I think some issues people are having are due to their Settings and Preferences, but - I do not have my screen/display on the Mobile version, but on the Full (PC( version. I do this with Facebook too. I generally don't want to look at the Mobile version.

Each time you sign in, either next to "Sign In" or at the very bottom of the page on the right, there will be the choice of Mobile or Full.  Choose Full and see if all the same issues still exist.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

I am on an iPad Air 2 and agree completely with Moonchilde's comments. No problems here, and I, too, am set on Full in preferences.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yep, terrible.  I marvel at how non user friendly it is.  If I have to search as much as is now required, then the "c" in qvc is confusing not convenient. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

BelleFemme wrote:

First, I can't use rich text. I have to select HTML to even write a post. Second, when you login to post, it doesn't take you back to where you were when you logged in. It takes you to My Account, and you have to navigate back. But the worst? There is nowhere on the drop down menu on the home page for items recently on air, item now on air, or any of the other items I want to get to quickly. The block on the home page that is titled Items Recently on Air used to take you to a listing with pictures and the product name. Now you have to click on the individual pictures to find out anything about it and keep clicking back to the home page to see the next one without knowing who made it. Huge waste of my time! Please fix it or I won't even be online to shop anymore. I already quit watching most of what's being aired. Soon, I'll not be able to tolerate the online shopping experience either. Oh, and there was no link to the forums on the home page either. I am using the "search" function to find the pages that used to have links on the home page. That's how I found the program schedule and was able to then link to the items recently on air as well as to the forums.

@Belle_Femme, I use a Mac and an iPad 3rd generation and iPhone 5.  I don't have the problems you describe on my iPad or iPhone, and I'm wondering if you've updated to the most recent iOS version for your iPad -- it should be 8.4.1.

Go into your Settings, and then choose "General" and then tap "About" to see what the "Version" is. 

Also, it's important (especially with this touchy website) to clear history and website data on a regular basis -- I do it at least once a day).  Just go to your Settings, then "Safari," then tap "Clear History and Website Data," then tap "Clear" on the popup verification.

See if that helps, and let us know if you still experience problems.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Super Contributor

@dooBdoo If only the solution were that simple. I have no issues viewing the full QVC site on my Mac. My iPad Air is up to date running the latest version iOS 8.4.1, but I cannot see the full page for the home screen. Once I get beyond that page, everything is normal...but that home page is problematic for some of us, which makes no sense.

Until this most recent update where they changed the layout of that home page, everything was fine. But for me, that page runs off my page - no matter orientation - and it prevents me from seeing things I can see when I'm on my Mac. Even at the top left corner, there's 3 short lines and I cannot see the word "Menu" under them. So for me, and others like me...we have to get creative when trying to navigate the site.

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
~ Ian Maclaren