Respected Contributor

Just a suggestion for the hosts.  I find it very annoying when the hosts keep doing the adding for us on what we save when buying kits.  I understand they are trying to make a point on the savings, but they repeat themselves over and over as if we cannot add!  Over and over you hear " just these two products would cost $$$ and you get all this for a dollar less".  Okay, say it once for those not adding in their heads, but it is extremely annoying for them to keep repeating it as if we cannot comprehend the savings!  I am sure the hosts are not reading this but I just heard MaryBeth (whom I really like) repeat over and over the savings on a handcream set and it gets under my skin!  There; I feel better now!!!

Trusted Contributor

While you may find this annooying, it sounds as if you assume everyone is watching QVC at the same time as you -- on your schedule.

QVC is broadcast to more than 100 million homes across multiple time zones.  Viewers are constantly tuning in, as a result, QVC will repeat many things as some viewers have just tune in.  It is one way QVC increases sales and revue -- its ultimate goal.

Respected Contributor

Please remember the hosts are listening to a producer while they are selling.  They are told during the presentation how much they are selling.  They know what words work to help with sales.  That being said I never watch a full program anymore.  I'm a drive by shopper.  So I may only hear the addition part once.  

Respected Contributor

@KYToby wrote:

While you may find this annooying, it sounds as if you assume everyone is watching QVC at the same time as you -- on your schedule.

QVC is broadcast to more than 100 million homes across multiple time zones.  Viewers are constantly tuning in, as a result, QVC will repeat many things as some viewers have just tune in.  It is one way QVC increases sales and revue -- its ultimate goal.

You missed my point - they are repeating it  many times in the same presentation - like several times during one 10 minute presentation.

Honored Contributor

Do you have any idea how stupid many members of the general public are?  Hosts have to reduce what they say down to make it understandable for the dumbest among us.  

After I retired, I worked PT for a JC Penney Catalog Center.  The questions people asked would boggle the mind, like a rug is 24" X 36".....how many feet is that?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

SK no doubt does not listen to the producer because I don't recall her repeating savings on products or even sizing for that matter. I guess she's one of the hosts who doesn't have to worry about ticking someone off and losing her job.

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Do you have any idea how stupid many members of the general public are?  Hosts have to reduce what they say down to make it understandable for the dumbest among us.  

After I retired, I worked PT for a JC Penney Catalog Center.  The questions people asked would boggle the mind, like a rug is 24" X 36".....how many feet is that?

Exactly!  If I buy two items, one for $199 and one for $299 that's  around 3 hundred, right?

Honored Contributor

@Catch71 wrote:

@KYToby wrote:

You missed my point - they are repeating it  many times in the same presentation - like several times during one 10 minute presentation.

I think KYToby got your point.  It's not often I agree with her but I do this time.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

This makes me laugh.  I retired and now work parttime in a grocery store.  This is so true.  OP needs to remember that not everyone has the same education, capabilities, or cognitive thinking skills.

Honored Contributor

In addition to driving up sales, I've also considered that people come into the midst of a presentation and they hope to sell to that viewer too.