Honored Contributor

My grumble for the day: all these companies that use Smartpost; where the initial carrier is someone like UPS or FedEx and then, when it gets to your home town, it's transferred to the post office to deliver. (In fact, the van drives right past my house to get to the post office. Just throw it out!!!) For QVC, it's called "Best Standard Delivery".

Every single time (like today!) a package gets to my local post office (two miles away) in the early morning. And there it sits for "up to an additional two days". WHY? I know companies are using this because it's cheaper for them. But it is so irritating to wait for a package and KNOW that it's here, but I can't get it.

I called the post office today asking if I could pick it up myself. Short answer: NO. She said they're not supposed to "release" it until "at least the next day". And she would have to "hunt" for it. (I should say, this is a very small rural town where most people know each other; we're not talking Miami, New York, Chicago.)

I had hoped to get this package while I was home today. Now it may come tomorrow while I'm out and it's not something I want sitting around because of the heat. These big companies do this for their own benefit, not the benefit of the customer. It's already been seven days and now I have to wait till at least tomorrow afternoon for the snail mail to deliver it. {#emotions_dlg.angry} {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}