Honored Contributor

How does a 2012 thread end up..........................

back in Beauty.  "Say GOODBYE to Milia" ???????   This thread is from 2012.  Is the Q having website problems again?

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

Re: How does a 2012 thread end up..........................

@Katcat1 I had one pop up from 2010?

Esteemed Contributor

There were quite a few old threads brought up a couple of days ago across several forums by a "new" poster with an old sign up date.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

You really need to be careful about a virus.  A few years ago my anti-virus software stopped me from entering a thread because of a virus threat.  I do not believe links should be allowed because of it.  IMO

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

Why aren't years and years old threads totally wiped clean of this message board...there is no need to have them here for people to drag them forward...who needs info from back then...i have mistakenly replied to an old thread only to discover when it first started...

Esteemed Contributor

It happens because QVC lets it happen.  

Would love to see the day when QVC decides to show a genuine interest in this website.  Until then we can expect more of the same...little tweaks here and there but no major improvement and maybe even a few steps backward.

Honored Contributor

@Marp wrote:

There were quite a few old threads brought up a couple of days ago across several forums by a "new" poster with an old sign up date.

It seems to be getting worse, too, @Marp.   I don't know if posters never bothered to read the Standards for Participation and the Community Guidelines, or if they don't care what the policies are, or if they want to create a wee bit of a stir among other posters😉.   Whatever the cause, bumping threads -- whether ancient ones or more recent ones -- is inconsiderate, which is the reason it's known to be bad "netiquette" and normally a violation on any internet forum or chat site.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

KatCat1 wrote:

You really need to be careful about a virus.  A few years ago my anti-virus software stopped me from entering a thread because of a virus threat.  I do not believe links should be allowed because of it.  IMO

@Katcat1,  It's not as bad as it was on the old Community platform, but it's true you still can encounter a dangerous image in a thread or run into problems if you click a link.    It would be better (in my opinion) if this site automatically transformed links into plain text (unclickable), and we could copy and paste or find the site in another safe way, but I don't think they'll do that.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

circles wrote:

Why aren't years and years old threads totally wiped clean of this message board...there is no need to have them here for people to drag them forward...who needs info from back then...i have mistakenly replied to an old thread only to discover when it first started...

@circles,  I think the old threads should be kept, but closed to comment.    That way, we could reference them but the bumping would stop.   The excuse that it's too much work for programmers is incorrect -- it's an easy loop through the database, and could be accomplished quickly and almost effortlessly.    I think the problem is that QVC purchased prepackaged software for their Community, and it appears to be the least expensive one with the most basic, limited support and features.    Hence, the outdated emoticons; no "ignore" option; almost-daily technical glitches; frequent compatibility problems with certain devices, operating systems, or browsers; and messy programming that causes effects such as the "jumping" or "bouncing" we've seen mentioned.

Esteemed Contributor

One of the reasons old threads will pop up is because when you do a search of the forums and blogs, that will pull up an old thread. I'm guessing is that someone wanted to ask a question about milia and did a search and that thread popped up.