Trusted Contributor

How about a separate QVC channel just devoted to 24 hours of Christmas?

That  way those of us who can not stand Christmas programing would not have to be subject  with the lousy Christmas programing stuffed down our throats. Everyone would be happy.

Regular Contributor

Re: How about a separate QVC channel just devoted to 24 hours of Christmas?

Yes, please~~!   A separate channel as in QVCplus.  Perhaps call it QVCholiday especially since we've had to endure 24-hour events~~!

This 'season of the year' is precious to some of us, and to see commerce revel in it for its profit is disheartening--let alone it has been airing since July~~!

Honored Contributor

Oh yes!!  I hate the Christmas programming.  And it looks like they're starting earlier this year with the full day programming and all weekend too.  I cannot and do not watch one second of it.

A separate venue, channel or whatever should satisfy those who love it and bring in just as much cash.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Trusted Contributor

Wow  Not a pity party , but a different point of view.

I have a different take, though I know the commercial reasoning behind retailers introduction of Christmas items.

My holidays as a child were horrid, so I have lots of lost time to "make up for."  We weren't poor, but my "dad" had "interests" outside of the family and we never enjoyed holidays- be it  a new outfit  or  candy at Easter, nor a celebration of Thanksgiving or  Christmas- and surely none of the giving or festivities that went with them.

Holidays only  gave my "dad" one more excuse to rant like a mad man .

Because of this, and the child still inside me who wasn't afforded a normal childhood, I celebrate the holidays to the fullest.  That doesn't mean digging into the wallet and being in debt the remainder of the year, but I do indulge based on a budget.

I love the music, the decorations, and meaning of the day.  I relish each holiday season and they bring much joy, and yes still a little sadness of holidays lost and "what could have been." 

This too shall pass.  We will return to the same ole items, and be speaking of Valentines day ( the next money maker for retailers )  , right around the corner.

You'll find my heart at the Rainbow Bridge. Smiley Sad
Esteemed Contributor

Honored Contributor

Some of us love 24hr cooking, some 24hr crafts, some 24hr fashion or jewelry. Whatever. Stores - and QVC is a store- make 80% of their yearly sales over Christmas . If someone is so addicted to a tv shopping channel that they can't go one day without watching it, they have deep issues.Not to mention there are 3 or more different shopping channels on TV now. Turn the channel - watch something different, turn on the radio and listen to some music or just be quiet and enjoy the peacefullness. A lot of viewers enjoy the Christmas shows and I am sure QVC makes a lot of money when they are on , or else they would not be on so much. 

Trusted Contributor

@twocent wrote:

Wow  Not a pity party , but a different point of view.

I have a different take, though I know the commercial reasoning behind retailers introduction of Christmas items.

My holidays as a child were horrid, so I have lots of lost time to "make up for."  We weren't poor, but my "dad" had "interests" outside of the family and we never enjoyed holidays- be it  a new outfit  or  candy at Easter, nor a celebration of Thanksgiving or  Christmas- and surely none of the giving or festivities that went with them.

Holidays only  gave my "dad" one more excuse to rant like a mad man .

Because of this, and the child still inside me who wasn't afforded a normal childhood, I celebrate the holidays to the fullest.  That doesn't mean digging into the wallet and being in debt the remainder of the year, but I do indulge based on a budget.

I love the music, the decorations, and meaning of the day.  I relish each holiday season and they bring much joy, and yes still a little sadness of holidays lost and "what could have been." 

This too shall pass.  We will return to the same ole items, and be speaking of Valentines day ( the next money maker for retailers )  , right around the corner.

@twocent  they have after Christmas sales for weeks  AFTER Christmas.....then start up with Christmas in July in March!  It is just too much. A separate channel would appease everyone. 

Respected Contributor

@june22 wrote:

That  way those of us who can not stand Christmas programing would not have to be subject  with the lousy Christmas programing stuffed down our throats. Everyone would be happy.

stuffed down your throat?  Wow, does someone from QVC come into your home, tie you to your chair in front of the TV, turn the TV on and set the channel to QVC?

Here's a suggestion - perhaps you should start your own TV shopping channel and run it the way you think QVC should run theirs.  Just a thought.

I can't believe how many people apparently have to have their QVC on 24 hours a day and have some sort of withdrawal that demands outrage expressed in posts telling QVC to run their business to suit them!  Good grief!

Honored Contributor

Kudos to the OP. ITA!!!! And don't tell us to change the channel.

Respected Contributor

@ncascade wrote:

Kudos to the OP. ITA!!!! And don't tell us to change the channel.

Then don't change the channel!  Apparently yiping and griping about QVC programming is a thrill for some!