Valued Contributor

@hsawaknow wrote:

I was watching a wwc presentation and Lisa R was the host and the first thing they did was play the music and all the models and Renee got down and did their sleazy dance but it wasn't until I saw Jackie get down and wiggle and jiggle that got to me where I had to change the channal.

I wish they hadn't changed the song.

Esteemed Contributor

@SunValley wrote:

It makes no sense to me to stress how great your tush will look when every model and the vendor styled the look with a top that covered the tush.

------------------------------

And, frankly, a friend and I were watching one of the presentations and we decided that there were some backsides that should not have been highlighted.   The pants maybe be comfy and feel good, but not everyone benefited from the high percentage of spandex.

Valued Contributor

I don't mind the dancing, but I don't like zooming in on the model's back sides.  You can see some of them hesitate before they agree to it.  Some of them are really good sports about it.  

But I want to also point out that despite the 14% spandex, there is still wiggle and jiggle when you wear her leggings.  

Occasional Contributor

My vent: I know many may disagree, but Shawn is by far the most irritating of all the QVC hosts. I don't know who thought she was a good replacement for the classy Lisa but they got it VERY wrong. G.i.l.i. Is a classy, upscale line. Shawns clownish antics make her presentations unwatchable. I love the G.i.l.i. Line but I often miss on items since I can't watch when she's on.  My opinion is the same for any item she presents. Her silliness and sometime rudeness ( especially with Isaac ) should not be tolerated. 

As for the vendors, Susan Graver by far is the most irritating followed by, Lori Goldstein  and Renee Greenberg. They all continuously talk over the hosts, interrupt and gush over each color...PLEASE SHUT UP AND LET THE HOST get through the colors so we can start to order. DON'T TAlK WHEN SOMEONE ELSE IS SPEAKING! Where are your Manners! Just my two cents.

Super Contributor

AMEN!

Honored Contributor

Re: Hosts behavior

[ Edited ]

@SunValley wrote:

It makes no sense to me to stress how great your tush will look when every model and the vendor styled the look with a top that covered the tush. This necessitated the flipping up of tops and then that prompted exaggerated backside demonstrations. I also think the forum criticism of this behavior after the previous pairing of this host and vendor may have sparked an "I'll show you" response. Some of the previous critical remarks must have been heard as the stripper music was changed several months ago. Dancing to demonstrate how comfy the pants are is fine, but keep it classy please.

@SunValley  I thought that rather humorous too that they changed the music---perhaps the previous "stripper music" that accompanied the so called "dancing" proved the point and the connection that a lot of the criticisms were trying to make.....Woman LOL

I like to have fun, and I don't want the hosts/vendors to be like robots---but come on their must be another way to sell pants......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Re: Hosts behavior

[ Edited ]

@corita wrote:

@SunValley wrote:

It makes no sense to me to stress how great your tush will look when every model and the vendor styled the look with a top that covered the tush.

------------------------------

And, frankly, a friend and I were watching one of the presentations and we decided that there were some backsides that should not have been highlighted.   The pants maybe be comfy and feel good, but not everyone benefited from the high percentage of spandex.

@corita  Spandex highlighting every "dimple", every "crevice", and every lump and bump is not always a good thing....Woman Tongue

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor
Spoiler
I stopped watching WWC also, because of the dancing. I have noticed lately model Coleen has started showing off her tush. It is slightly annoying. I don't care what their butt looks like!!

I watched Angel & Jane, Angel & Jennifer C today. I guess I must be getting old, their constant trying to out-do each others stories got old to me. I turned them both off. I am watching MUCH less of QVC these days. Host & vendors think they have give TMI on their personal lives. I don't care how many kitties anyone has, how many times they go to NYC.... I JUST don't care! I want to see the products. Don't say shop on "dot.com", the images there leave some doubt about all items.
Honored Contributor

Oh, nooooo.  Not Mary Beth. Heart

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Trusted Contributor

Horrible to watch.the designer is there to sell,not dance,Ipersonally can not understand why qvc allows it.