Honored Contributor

Re: Hosts ,Please ,Please,let the vendors speak

Yes, most of the women hosts are talkative ladies.  The vendor knows much more than the host so the vendors should not be interrupted and allowed to speak.  IMO   Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Occasional Visitor

Agree with previous post. Jill is cute and I do like her, but please dont try to steal the decorating show with Valerie Parr Hill. Valerie is so sweet and polite she just smiles when Jill takes over like the previous blogger's description of "steamroller". Jill, take a breath and let Valerie do what shes does best...and stop with the Right? Right? Right? to your own statements!  Its annoying.

I sooo agree on this topic. There are certain hosts who are repeat offenders.  When these hosts hog the stage, it is both irritating and frustrating to us customers who are trying to learn about the products from the vendors. But, what's even worse, is when these hosts INTERRUPT the vendors mid-sentence OVER and OVER. This is where frustration turns to anger at their rudeness!!  I want to sit down and enjoy the show, not get frustrated or angry at someone being selfish and rude. Hosts (you know who you are) please hear us. Remember, you all play a supporting role to the vendors and their products which are the reason we tune in. Take a note from MBR, DW, and DV's books - they are professional, charming, and polite to all of their guests and their shows are a pleasure to watch. 

Valued Contributor

@Mimi 1883 wrote:

Agree. I have stopped watching /buying whenever Carolyn Gracie hosts for this very reason. She does all the talking, with all the "uhs" and "ums", when I would like to hear what the vendor has to say! It is beyond annoying. Maybe she's a control freak?

ITA! And also something else that is driving me crazy is the first time I heard " Right" at the end of a sentence was I .M. and now EVERYBODY cannot say a sentence without "RIGHT" at the end. Ad Nausem stop!!!! J.R.T. and her shoe shows, that woman does not take a breath EVER! She is like a little chipmunk saying look at me, look at me, right in your face all the time! I never hear a word from the vendors, she never stops!!! Please let us hear. I am so sick of trying to watch these shows and do not get 30% of what the vendor is saying. 

bamasec

Respected Contributor

Agree!! I had rather hear the vendor speak, than the host (with exception of Susan Graver). IF, I said IF, Susan would not talk 90mph & act so arrogant, then she would be ok.

I could listen to Bob Mackie all day & never tire of him.  

Valued Contributor

@TX-starlight wrote:

Agree!! I had rather hear the vendor speak, than the host (with exception of Susan Graver). IF, I said IF, Susan would not talk 90mph & act so arrogant, then she would be ok.

I could listen to Bob Mackie all day & never tire of him.  

Spot on Tx. Starlight! Bob is wonderful and you put him and M.B.R. together and what a lovely presentation you would have.                                      bamasec

Contributor

Jill Bauer IS a steamroller.  After the namedropper she is my least favorite!

Esteemed Contributor

@Mimi 1883 wrote:

Agree. I have stopped watching /buying whenever Carolyn Gracie hosts for this very reason. She does all the talking, with all the "uhs" and "ums", when I would like to hear what the vendor has to say! It is beyond annoying. Maybe she's a control freak?

WILL AGREE WITH this> POSTER FOR CERTAIN!

The few times that I am available to watch any shop tv, I do notice everything IS all about her, and the point of interest leaves me. 

The vendors should have ample time in explaining what is being advertised, NOT hearing how many she has or to keep ON convincing to buy one in each color. 

Personally, I have NO interest what is in her closet nor how many.  TOO MUCH trying to convince that need to 'better get this one'...won't back maybe until next year. 

She definitely is not the only one that is a high pressure SALES HOST. 

Respected Contributor

@NAES1 wrote:

@Mimi 1883 wrote:

WILL AGREE WITH this> POSTER FOR CERTAIN!

The few times that I am available to watch any shop tv, I do notice everything IS all about her, and the point of interest leaves me. 

The vendors should have ample time in explaining what is being advertised, NOT hearing how many she has or to keep ON convincing to buy one in each color. 

Personally, I have NO interest what is in her closet nor how many.  TOO MUCH trying to convince that need to 'better get this one'...won't back maybe until next year. 

She definitely is not the only one that is a high pressure SALES HOST. 

I agree with you both.  I do not like Carolyn as a host.  She's extemely annoying to listen to.  Too many ummms and over pronouncing words.

Regular Contributor

I agree 100% but they don't listen nothing gets done. I remember a few years ago a male host was on he kept talking acting funny singing until the vendor told him to shut up. It even landed on soup talk. Alo Shawn was told by the vendor to please let him talk so he could explain how the shoe worked. This was also a few years ago. Robert Lee Morris also would loose his patience with certain hosts. Maybe vendors need to start speaking out more maybe then QVC will get the clue.