Contributor

QVC, please bring in some different lines of handbags. There is certainly alot out there to pick from. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Brown Eyes wrote:

QVC, please bring in some different lines of handbags. There is certainly alot out there to pick from. 

You may want to find somewhere else to shop for your handbags. I have nice bags at 6PM.com.

Contributor

I totally agree.  I have watched QVC for over 20 years.  Gone are the days where they feature some "middle of the road" handbags like from Stone Mountain, etc.  I guess they think everyone wants to spend $300 on a purse!!  I notice though that those handbags like GILI for $300 are offered on sale over and over and over.  

Super Contributor

We need a line of leather-like handbags.  Leather is heavy and expensive.  We need a fashion line of bags!!  

Esteemed Contributor

@rhine wrote:

I totally agree.  I have watched QVC for over 20 years.  Gone are the days where they feature some "middle of the road" handbags like from Stone Mountain, etc.  I guess they think everyone wants to spend $300 on a purse!!  I notice though that those handbags like GILI for $300 are offered on sale over and over and over.  

Walmart, Target, Kohls and even sometimes Macy's has loads of "middle of the road" handbags that are not leather.  Look around and don't limit yourself here, unless you absolutely have to.  You don't always get the best deals here @rhine, @Brown Eyes

*Call Tyrone*
Respected Contributor

Check out evine....all price ranges!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Contributor
I completely agree with you on this. I would love to see some different brands.
Honored Contributor

And PLEASE offer some handbags (in every line) that have SILVER HARDWARE ...  please.

Not everyone wants brassy gold metal hardware .... and for all the silver designers that QVC has, someone should have realized that some of us wear a lot of silver jewelry  

Where are the Handbag Buyers for QVC?   Why isn't there more leather bags with silver hardware.

(I feel better now ... lol)

Contributor

As a former Handbag retail buyer (not for QVC), often we have to buy what the vendor is offering us. Many times the hardware color choice is predetermined and in order to get another choice, it can take up to 6 months for a sample to come through for a buyer to see and then another 6 to manufacture the order and get it out in the market.  I agree however, there are more gold-tone offerings versus silver-tone out there currently.

Trusted Contributor

Home Goods, TJMaxx,Macys,Boscovs, all the -Marts have a large selection of bags.  On a road trip I found a Coach fur clutch for $20 and a 100% goose down name ski jacket for $40 on the clearance rack.   The rack held new 1 or 2  of a kind, all brand new and in beautiful shape.  I was lucky the ski jacket was my DILs size and several years later both items are still in good shape.   Take the time to get the item and you can get beautiful deals.  I started shopping at the Q when I was working 70 hours per week and had no time to go to a store.  It became to easy but after I quit my part time job and paid attention to returns and bad sizing I became much more aware of all purchases.  I like to think I have gotten my shopping sense back now that I am retired.  It is embarrassing to think of the money I have spent in an unwise manner.  I started to babysit at 12.  Each weekend my father took me to the bank and I deposited half of my earnings from 3 regular jobs.  The balance I could use as I wished.  It took a lot to temp me to spend my money.  Oh how quickly I forgot for a period of time.   Hopefully I am now "cured" and have gained wisdom as I am aging.  ;-)