Respected Contributor

Will someone please tell me what HTML stands for.

I don't think it's Hotmail.   lol

Trusted Contributor

It stands for Hyper Text Markup Language. It is a programming language used to design websites.

Honored Contributor

Under settings and preferences what happens if we check "ignore html"? The default is unchecked.

(so unuser friendly like most of this website change as if we are all so computer savey that we know what this entails!)

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Trusted Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

Under settings and preferences what happens if we check "ignore html"? The default is unchecked.

(so unuser friendly like most of this website change as if we are all so computer savey that we know what this entails!)

If you ignore HTML you won't be able to see the fancy text and colors some might use, or pictures they post.

Respected Contributor

Thank you all for the HTML explanation.  Whoever thought I would need to know that?

Honored Contributor
Caffeina-thank you so much! even after searching internet I could not find a simple and clear answer like yours! Really appreciate itSmiley Happy
"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor
Thank you for a quick reply!!!
~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Trusted Contributor

I too thank you, now I have a few other questions,hope someone can help me,in Preference what does time zone G.M.T.what do I put there?,then language its marked english by default do I leave that or change it to just english?what does show confirmation pages in post mean? Obviously I am not computer savey,help. thanks Tucka.

Honored Contributor
GMT stands for Grenwich Mean Time and it's the point at which time begins. It's located in England, then the other time zones extend from there. I clicked on my time zone...GMT Mountain Time. Leave English alone.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment