Honored Contributor

@IlliniGirl88 wrote:

Just a thought...if the pitch needs an explanation, and not everyone will get it, it's probably a not the best idea.Woman Wink

This is exactly it.

I had no idea what it was and I'm betting a lot of others don't either.

Epic fail on QVC's part.

Honored Contributor

@noodleann wrote:

I agree 100% with the OP. It's SAINT Valentine's Day, and this is disrespectful to people whose faiths include honoring the saints. It matters nothing that some TV show drummed up some tacky promotion that involved corrupting the name, it's not right. I know the Q can't change it because they've created promotions tied to it, but it really is off-putting.

While we're at it, please everyone, call it The Fourth of July, NOT "Independence Day." Keep saying "The Fourth" as a hedge against the powers that be making this great date just another Monday holiday. QVC, please take note. THE FOURTH OF JULY.

How about Christmas in July ??

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@IlliniGirl88 wrote:

Just a thought...if the pitch needs an explanation, and not everyone will get it, it's probably a not the best idea.Woman Wink

This is exactly it.

I had no idea what it was and I'm betting a lot of others don't either.

Epic fail on QVC's part.

It's not meant for you - you are not the target audience for Galentine's Day. That is not the same thing as it being a failure. It's part of their plan to bring in newer and younger customers. That's the target demo for Galentine's Day. If it reaches them, it's not a failure.

Trusted Contributor

At first I thought it was suppose to be Gallontine's Day and they were selling WEN by the gallon again. Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

No I'm not kidding, why a women's friendship day?  So I'm supposed to take one day out of the year and celebrate my friendship, I don't think so.

You need to celebrate your friendship everyday or every time you have an opportunity to get together.  It doesn't need a gift, it doesn't need a card, your kind words, your ear for listening, those are the gifts of friendship.

I was brought up that it's Christmas everyday and celebrate your family and friends everyday with kind acts and words. 

Creating something for the sake of doing something nice isn't right, being a friend 365 days a year is right and you don't need cards and gifts for that.

Just my opinion and sometimes we agree to disagree.

Honored Contributor

Re: Galentines Day?

[ Edited ]

@Just Bling wrote:

No I'm not kidding, why a women's friendship day?  So I'm supposed to take one day out of the year and celebrate my friendship, I don't think so.

You need to celebrate your friendship everyday or every time you have an opportunity to get together.  It doesn't need a gift, it doesn't need a card, your kind words, your ear for listening, those are the gifts of friendship.

I was brought up that it's Christmas everyday and celebrate your family and friends everyday with kind acts and words. 

Creating something for the sake of doing something nice isn't right, being a friend 365 days a year is right and you don't need cards and gifts for that.

Just my opinion and sometimes we agree to disagree.

I hear what you are saying.  I guess I see it differently though. Celebrating a specific day, whatever that day is, does not mean I neglect every other day for the sake of it.  I too was raised to try to have Christmas in our hearts every day, but that does not mean we forsake the actual 25th of December of celebrating Christmas.  No one told us it had to be mutually exclusive.

I have dear dear friendships that I've had for over 30 years and we love, support, encourage and celebrate each other all the days of the year.  But through deaths, divorce, and other hardships, Valentines Day for some is sad or even depressing.  We get together, amidst all the coupledom, and celebrate each other on the 14th of February as well. Nothing at all wrong with that for us.  Not making a statement for or against, we just like one more opportunity to be together and enjoy the day.  There's no reason not to live it every day AND celebrate it on a specific day. 

Respected Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@noodleann wrote:

I agree 100% with the OP. It's SAINT Valentine's Day, and this is disrespectful to people whose faiths include honoring the saints. It matters nothing that some TV show drummed up some tacky promotion that involved corrupting the name, it's not right. I know the Q can't change it because they've created promotions tied to it, but it really is off-putting.

While we're at it, please everyone, call it The Fourth of July, NOT "Independence Day." Keep saying "The Fourth" as a hedge against the powers that be making this great date just another Monday holiday. QVC, please take note. THE FOURTH OF JULY.

How about Christmas in July ??

Oh boy, I don't think I'll even touch that. Between the fact that it's still a religious holiday and that QVC is a shopping site, I'd better muzzle myself. Plus, shoot me, but I love the whole idea of Christmas in July. Sometimes when it's really hot, I put on the Yule Log DVD and just enjoy the nostalgia it generates for me. YMMV!

Honored Contributor

Festivus has become quite the holiday.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

Festivus has become quite the holiday.

--------

I think we're well into the "airing of grievances". 

BTW this is a Seinfeld reference 😎

Honored Contributor

Is that what it means? Lol, QVC isn't the only place that uses this reference. I thought it was a spelling mistake but obviously not.

Stupid but whatever makes the company money, I guess.