Respected Contributor

Come on Q, let's preserve one day and not mess it up.

It's Valentine's Day, it means something, it's not anything else but Valentine's Day.

Please have someone change your Home Page and preserve the Holiday Day (yes, I know it's not an official Holiday) but let it be what it is.

So next month, you're going to do St. Gadricks Day, St Gadgets Day, St. Geriatrics Day................a play on words is not appropriate.

Honored Contributor

Re: Galentines Day?

[ Edited ]

@Just Bling wrote:

Come on Q, let's preserve one day and not mess it up.

It's Valentine's Day, it means something, it's not anything else but Valentine's Day.

Please have someone change your Home Page and preserve the Holiday Day (yes, I know it's not an official Holiday) but let it be what it is.

So next month, you're going to do St. Gadricks Day, St Gadgets Day, St. Geriatrics Day................a play on words is not appropriate.

Galentine's Day is from the TV show Parks and Recreation. Leslie Knope created it to celebrate friendship between women and it was held the day before Valentine's Day. My friends and I celebrate it because A) it's fun and B) women's friendships are important to us.

So I'm going to have to disagree with you. Galentine's Day is awesome and totally appropriate.

You can read more about it here: https://www.bustle.com/articles/141646-what-is-galentines-day-leslie-knopes-favorite-holiday-is-some...

Valued Contributor

I thought maybe they misspelled it

Esteemed Contributor

I think its ignorant and i wish it would stop...

I am looking forward to tomorrow so I won't have to hear anyone talking about it again....not you OP...just all the tv stations..and shopping sites...

Respected Contributor

It just sounds silly to me, just like mashing names together and other made up words.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

All these women friendship days are really too much.  How did we all survive before a TV show created a day.   The TV shows come and go but Valentines Day will survive forever. 

Let us all abandon all these made up days and live each day and every day our very best and one day shouldn't represent what we are as people, and I'm not saying women only because it's really getting on my nerves all this women stuff. 

Honored Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

All these women friendship days are really too much.  How did we all survive before a TV show created a day.   The TV shows come and go but Valentines Day will survive forever. 

Let us all abandon all these made up days and live each day and every day our very best and one day shouldn't represent what we are as people, and I'm not saying women only because it's really getting on my nerves all this women stuff. 

All this women stuff ?? Please tell me you aren't serious. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

What are the others? I think there's one in September, but what are the ones that make up "all these women friendship days" that are too much for you?

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I agree 100% with the OP. It's SAINT Valentine's Day, and this is disrespectful to people whose faiths include honoring the saints. It matters nothing that some TV show drummed up some tacky promotion that involved corrupting the name, it's not right. I know the Q can't change it because they've created promotions tied to it, but it really is off-putting.

While we're at it, please everyone, call it The Fourth of July, NOT "Independence Day." Keep saying "The Fourth" as a hedge against the powers that be making this great date just another Monday holiday. QVC, please take note. THE FOURTH OF JULY.

Respected Contributor

Just a thought...if the pitch needs an explanation, and not everyone will get it, it's probably a not the best idea.Woman Wink