Honored Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@IlliniGirl88 wrote:

Just a thought...if the pitch needs an explanation, and not everyone will get it, it's probably a not the best idea.Woman Wink

This is exactly it.

I had no idea what it was and I'm betting a lot of others don't either.

Epic fail on QVC's part.

It's not meant for you - you are not the target audience for Galentine's Day. That is not the same thing as it being a failure. It's part of their plan to bring in newer and younger customers. That's the target demo for Galentine's Day. If it reaches them, it's not a failure.

Since you don't know me, I'm not sure how you know I'm not part of Q's target audience. 

Honored Contributor

@MezzieStarr wrote:

At first I thought it was suppose to be Gallontine's Day and they were selling WEN by the gallon again. Woman LOL

Could be.  Or was it Joe Campanelli's Gallon-Size Professional Stain Remover?  Maybe both!

Honored Contributor

LOL.... I don't watch much regular TV and had no clue what it meant.  But let's face it, whether QVC is targeting a youthful audience in order to encourage them to come shop.... it's a promotion to to ramp up sales. Nothing wrong with that, all companies do it, the question is (and only the Q can answer this)....   did it work?  Woman Wink 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Esteemed Contributor

I thought it was odd too.

Many thanks to those who reminded me within this thread that I'm not QVC's target audience.  I will make a note to remember this the next time I'm tempted to place an order. 

Honored Contributor

Are you sure Shawn did not make it up?

Respected Contributor

I have to laugh when people say QVC is trying to target a younger audience.  That's not going to happen with the offerings they show on air!

Valued Contributor

Thank you Just Bling, you are so right, this women's stuff is getting on my nerves too!!!

Respected Contributor

When will this madness stop~!

Esteemed Contributor

For QVC to attract a younger demographic they are going to have to do a lot more than massacre the name of a holiday because D&C, Susan Graver polyester, QF sequins, Clark and Vionic shoes are surely not going to do it.