Occasional Contributor

May I please suggest less food shows with Dan Wheeler hosting them. It is very rude when he starts grabbing the food before the spokesperson is finished presenting the product. He constantly interrupts them while grabbing more food. I understand he has to sample the food, but literally making a meal out of each product is ridiculous. He also interrupts presentations with his co-host and grabs food. I am positive other viewers feel the same way. Maybe QVC should be giving classes on manners.

Esteemed Contributor

Yup - I so agree.  Use to be one of my favorites; but over time =  not at all.

Honored Contributor

Classes for posters????

Respected Contributor

I have only seen two hosts who can handle the sampling of food without making me gag.  Jill and Carolyn.  All the others - ALL OF THEM - eat as if they have been locked up and starving for weeks. Doesn't make me want to buy!!!

Trusted Contributor

I've always felt that Dan W. is extremely rude to vendors.  He continually interrupts them and always wants to be the center of attention,

Respected Contributor

@Perkup wrote:

I have only seen two hosts who can handle the sampling of food without making me gag.  Jill and Carolyn.  All the others - ALL OF THEM - eat as if they have been locked up and starving for weeks. Doesn't make me want to buy!!!

Beg to differ about JB, she manages to make a meal out of whatever food show she's hosting... IMO lots of chow hounds hosting food shows do,  but agreed, DW is such a gluttonski!

Esteemed Contributor

I agree about DW .... lately I find him very annoying & not explaining the product completely .... he doesn't let the vendor explain either!

Respected Contributor

@January121 wrote:

I agree about DW .... lately I find him very annoying & not explaining the product completely .... he doesn't let the vendor explain either!

His mind isn't on explaining the product, it's on eating it!  Vendor beware of fingers!!

Honored Contributor

Seeing the hosts really seem to be enjoying the food is what I like to see.   I probably wouldn't pay much attention to something if the host just sampled a small bite as it would be just doing the bare minimum and not showing me that the food is worth buying! 

Honored Contributor

I agree about DW.  He acts as if he's never eaten before.  And it doesn't even matter if a different host is presenting.  He's right in their grabbing what he can.  SF isn't far behind.  I don't care for either of them in presenting food shows.  Hence, I rarely watch the food shows.