Super Contributor

Do you see green trees and grass out your window?

LOL. So its February 10. Here in NJ its going to be 5 degrees over the weekend. We still have snow on the ground. I know that's not the weather for all the country but it still is for many of us. Right now out the "window" on the set of the Q they have green trees and grass. Wishful thinking. I get the whole retail cycle and how things often have to be presented early on, but this just made me chuckle. There is something about this that irritates me though. Yes, I know, I am looking forward to spring too, but I wonder if this is a subtle sales technique. I actually like a beautiful snow scene. I just wish these retailers would all stop rushing things.

Honored Contributor

Re: Do you see green trees and grass out your window?

I now live on a lake. What i see out my front window? A frozen over lake! It  just looks like a huge snowy field during the winter months.

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

I see snow outside my windows.  It's cold and getting colder for the next few days, single digits they say. 

However, there are only 40 days until SPRING!!!!!

Respected Contributor

Yep, in fact my trees are flowering already..I have Bearded Irises,  and hyacinths blooming..Paper whites and daffodils are already done blooming...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hosts dressing in summer clothes and and sandals amuses me but spring or summer like scenery does not bother me at all.  It's no different that when they have Christmas trees and snow scenes on the set and the hosts are dressed in sweaters and boots.....and it's August.  Now, that irritates me....lol   From the title, I thought you were going to something else.  A few weeks ago, when I looked out the window the trees were still green and the grass was green and it seemed more like mid March than mid January.  Well, winter has finally settled in and when I look out my window now, the trees are bare and covered with sparkling white snow, there's snow on the lawns and we're expecting single digit temps this weekend.  Perhaps below zero.  What a difference a few weeks makes.  And yes, the hosts will be walking around in strapless sun dresses and strappy sandals and white jeans...lol

Honored Contributor

Our snow drops are - or were blooming.  We  noticed them over the weekend before the snow started.  It's also been snowing on & off for a few days now.  And it's back at it right now.  We don't have much, barely an inch or two but it's an annoying snow, you know those very little flakes but if they're at it for a while, they do accumulate. 

UGH - after it lightens up I'll have to bundle up again and go out to do removal.  I HATE going out before it actually stops b/c I HATE needing to put on LAYERS, do my thing, come in, strip down, only to do it all over again.

UGH

Honored Contributor

I see tropical landscape, palm trees and green grass surrounding a beautiful lake out my windows. I spent a lifetime looking out at the snow, and knew I did not want to  spend the remainder of my life doing so. I still love Pittsburgh and feel blessed that i can still be there - only in the summer when there is no place more beautiful than Pennsylvania. I wish everyone could live their dream retirement, we worked hard and planned & saved for ours for many years.

Honored Contributor

Out the window I see a foot of snow.  It's 5 degrees with a -10 wind chill.  It will be this temp through the weekend.  I don't mind seeing spring on tv.

Esteemed Contributor

Unfortunately yes we are seeing green grass and trees. It's also going to be 85 degrees this week. Way to hot hot the middle of February. The weeds are also growing. Summer will be here way to soon, yuck.

Esteemed Contributor

Snow everywhere. Even on my driveway that I shoveled yesterday.  Must have snowed last night.  In any case very beautiful.  I live in the woods and it is magnificient.