Valued Contributor

Do somethng about all the bullies that hang out here

WOrse than a playground, how awful it is to post here. It really makes me sick, knowing how they are come out  and just pile on people. I see it all the time and I have had it happen to me, it isnt good for business. I wonder how much money some of these people spend here that own your forums, I would love to see just how much they actually support this network withtheir dollars, or if they just have too much time on their hands. It is almost like they keep track of you and stalk. Lets see how many show up here now.

Honored Contributor

Re: Do somethng about all the bullies that hang out here

I didn't see any bullying in your thread. I didn't post on it, because it was already explained that PTR family has been in jewelry for years. People posting their opinions that happen to disagree with yours aren't bullying. No one called you names. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

If there is something upsetting, just avoid the thread or take a break for a few days. There will always be posters that love to mix it up. 

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Honored Contributor

A different opinion doesn't equal bullying.

Honored Contributor

Sometimes a differing opinion can have some truth in it if one examines it with an open mind.  I think that we suffer greatly when we can't have civil discussions and differences of opinions.  I think it is frightening beyond words. 

Esteemed Contributor

@blankette wrote:

WOrse than a playground, how awful it is to post here. It really makes me sick, knowing how they are come out  and just pile on people. I see it all the time and I have had it happen to me, it isnt good for business. I wonder how much money some of these people spend here that own your forums, I would love to see just how much they actually support this network withtheir dollars, or if they just have too much time on their hands. It is almost like they keep track of you and stalk. Lets see how many show up here now.

I disagree that "it's awful to post here".  Most of the time, IMO, it's just fine.  In my experience, overwhelmingly most posters are kind, want to be helpful, provide good information, and - many times - make me laugh or smile.

There are always going to be bad apples.  That happens everywhere.  It's easy enough to ignore the troublemakers.  Just scroll on by.  There are quite a lot of nice people here.  If not, I doubt so many of us would stick around.

It also helps to realize that differing opinions are what forums are all about. If we all agreed, it would be a pretty boring world.  I really think you're over-reacting.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@blankette wrote:

You must be super sensitive or have a vivid imagination because I don't see that happening here.   Once in a while two posters will disagree and things between them get a bit heated but that's not bullying.   What do you consider to be bullying?  

If someone disagrees with you,  simply ignore it or state your case politely,  then drop, it.   No problem.   I think this stalking business is just an overactive imagination on the part of some people.   I imagine this is a typical board, tightly patrolled.   If this format bothers you,  perhaps it's not for you. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

OP's post about wanting QVC to not allow vendors such as PTR to sell his jewelry line (that is selling and is getting great reviews) because he sells skincare  was an opinion that most didn't understand and found it overly dramatic.  That is not bullying!   

Esteemed Contributor

@Pook wrote:

OP's post about wanting QVC to not allow vendors such as PTR to sell his jewelry line (that is selling and is getting great reviews) because he sells skincare  was an opinion that most didn't understand and found it overly dramatic.  That is not bullying!   

Wait. What?

So, just because PTR is known for his skincare line, and sells his skincare line, he is "forbidden" from having other products (jewelry), and selling those other products on QVC, according to the o/p?

Have I got that right?

Regular Contributor

I agree with the OP ....that I have read posts in the past where I felt people were being bullied. But I also think that sometimes it is very hard to "hear" the tone of the words being written.  Has anyone ever texted with a friend and you thought that person was angry  or annoyed at you (or visa versa)....but really wasn't at all? 

I know i didn't participate in that post yesterday.....but I am sorry the OP felt bullied.  No one likes to feel that way whether it was intentional or not.