Valued Contributor

Such a childish thing for adults to be doing on line.

Would rather see how many views on a topic again.

Honored Contributor

Re: Do away with the hearts!

I miss seeing the number of views also.  Though I don't mind the hearts.  I even use them occasionally.

Respected Contributor

Equally as childish to whine about something you don't like.  People like them, whats the big deal?  You can hide them from your view if they bother you.

While you do have to open a thread to see the number of views, it's still available.  Right under report.   You can also see if there are new posts in the thread before you even open it.  

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

@Soushi24 wrote:

I find that many message boards have some version of "Likes" ....  if it really bothers you that much, don't post here.   

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I find the hearts useful for showing respect without actually having to get into a conversation.  There are times when conversing is not practicable.  Hearts serve as a bookmark.

Esteemed Contributor

Go to "my preferences" - you can select to hide heart buttons and counts.  I would imagine you then need to be signed in for that feature to be activated for you.

Cogito ergo sum
Respected Contributor

I like the hearts they are great form of a bookmark,  It is the only way I can find posts I want to follow.

I do not care how many Hearts I have or get or anybody else for that matter.......I have a life.

Please feel free to find another forum that does not use hearts.  

Honored Contributor

@Justice4all wrote:

I find the hearts useful for showing respect without actually having to get into a conversation.  There are times when conversing is not practicable.  Hearts serve as a bookmark.

I agree.

Respected Contributor

@Soushi24 wrote:

You can see the # of views under report on left side.  I like the hearts.  It allows you to agree without having to write a response if you don't want to at that time.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Soushi24 wrote:

I never did understand why they showed number of views (which you still CAN see on this forum, btw)- who cares, I thought. Seems childish to me that we would care how many people "viewed" our post.Does that make the poster feel good that so many people viewed their post? Does it make them feel popular or the opposite, when there are few "views"? To what purpose does it serve to know the number of views on a post?

I would rather have hearts if I had to choose just because, like others stated, it is a quick an easy way to show someone you agree with their post without having to quote it and write ITA or something to that effect. But you probably view it the way I view number of views, more like a popularity contest.

So see, two different posters, two different perspectives. Can't please us all all the time!