Honored Contributor

Re: DRESS CODE- presenters and hosts???

Here's a thought - every single item that QVC sells isn't aimed at one single demographic. So the fact that any given poster has the horrors over what a host is wearing in a show, or the way a given host dresses, most likely just means they aren't selling to *you.* And that's perfectly okay. QVC doesn't have to delight (or sell to) Everywoman All the Time.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Valued Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

A manner of dressing most certainly does have to do with being respectful or disrespectful.

If someone is having a formal affair and an invited guest shows up in jeans and tennis shoes, shorts, sweatpants, etc., that is not only inappropriate but it is disrespectful. 

And yeah, I'm often shocked at the way people choose to present themselves and the sloppy manner in which they dress for certain occassions.  It still makes me shake my head when I see someone out and about in the stores wearing pajamas.  Have some self-respect and get dressed.  And don't tell me times are changing.   

Did you say pajamas? A few years ago we planned a 25 th Birthday party for my son. We have a large family and all were shocked when his girlfriend walked in wearing her pajamas!!! This was a luncheon not a slumber party!  He did not marry her but did find a lovely young lady we all love!  

Esteemed Contributor

When a host is presenting fashion and style, she should dress accordingly. The host is a professional, selling on TV. Take some pride in yourself and your job.

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

A manner of dressing most certainly does have to do with being respectful or disrespectful.

If someone is having a formal affair and an invited guest shows up in jeans and tennis shoes, shorts, sweatpants, etc., that is not only inappropriate but it is disrespectful. 

And yeah, I'm often shocked at the way people choose to present themselves and the sloppy manner in which they dress for certain occassions.  It still makes me shake my head when I see someone out and about in the stores wearing pajamas.  Have some self-respect and get dressed.  And don't tell me times are changing.   

@Lipstickdiva I agree with you! When the host's come out looking like fashion clods, it to me says I don't care what I look like, just get my shift over so I can go to the beach, work in the garden or back to bed. Woman HappyHeart

Don't worry, be Happy!
Contributor

I have seen the hosts and vendors wearing some highly innappropriate items. Revealing way too much, 

Respected Contributor

Oh boy, generational is right.  I see it in my own family and it drives me crazy. My son-in-law is a prime example. We went out to dinner last week to one of our nicest restaurants  in town and he showed up looking like a clod hopper. He had his NFL baseball cap on and a flannel shirt that was not even tucked in and some old shoes. I could have crawled under the table. My daughter didn't say a thing regarding his attire. Our youngest son invited us all out to dinner to celebrate his bonus and raise, so my SIL didn't even have to pick up the tab or tip. You would think he could have taken a little pride in his appearance. Plus he hadn't shaved either. What is with this generation? Now he's 38 yrs. old and should have the common sense to dress appropriate. So if you had this to deal with then you could get uptight. RE: the hosts I don't think they do all that bad, although sometimes too much is revealed. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I am one that cares about the way a presenter is dressed to sell me something. I will not make a purchase from someone that looks like they just left the beach, are headed to the beach, going to work in the yard or extremely underdressed. Not to mention the clown outfits. I refuse to shop anywhere that the sales people have their pants hanging around their butts too. Woman HappyHeart

Don't worry, be Happy!
Frequent Contributor

The OP (sylram) specifically states QVC in her first post. She mentions QVC at least twice, and gives a lot of detail on the items being sold. Then the second post is an apology stating "wrong network",...."sent this to the wrong place"....My question is HOW ?? You have to sign in to comment on the blogs, or the community boards. IMO thats quite a "mistake" to not know what site you're on...And besides all the above mentioned things, what in the world is wrong with jeans ???

Esteemed Contributor

The Q ought to have some standards of dress. They don't have to be "uniforms" as such, but some overall do and don'ts. It's obvious they have none from the extreme manner of dress you see from each host.

People just have extraordinary differences on what is appropriate. As an example, just look at what people wear when you have "casual" day at the office.

Honored Contributor

Is this string still going?  It's time to grow up, folks.  Why do people think others should dress, think, believe, or behave the way they want them to?  Let.it.go.