Honored Contributor

Re: DRESS CODE- presenters and hosts???

@CalminHeart wrote:

Is this string still going?  It's time to grow up, folks.  Why do people think others should dress, think, believe, or behave the way they want them to?  Let.it.go.  

The bottom line is, the number of people who create and respond self-righteously in these threads are very, very small percentage-wise in terms of QVC active shoppers and active purchasers. If every single poster who claims they "will not buy" under certain circumstances kept to their proclamation (highly doubtful), QVC would never notice in terms of sales. Of course people like to think their business matters terribly to a company, but...not really.

Amazon forums have been full of "I'll never buy a single thing here ever again!!!!" posts for years (at least 10) due to certain stands and viewpoints of Jeff Bezos and Amazon as a company. I don't see them hurt in the wallet by any of it.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Trusted Contributor

@embgm wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

A manner of dressing most certainly does have to do with being respectful or disrespectful.

If someone is having a formal affair and an invited guest shows up in jeans and tennis shoes, shorts, sweatpants, etc., that is not only inappropriate but it is disrespectful. 

And yeah, I'm often shocked at the way people choose to present themselves and the sloppy manner in which they dress for certain occassions.  It still makes me shake my head when I see someone out and about in the stores wearing pajamas.  Have some self-respect and get dressed.  And don't tell me times are changing.   

Did you say pajamas? A few years ago we planned a 25 th Birthday party for my son. We have a large family and all were shocked when his girlfriend walked in wearing her pajamas!!! This was a luncheon not a slumber party!  He did not marry her but did find a lovely young lady we all love!  

I agree with both of you.  Some people just don't have good sense, or have never been told "No, you shouldn't wear that."  Those saying "the times are changing" are really saying anything goes.  And that's why we have people wearing pajamas in public.

Honored Contributor

I see this is a post resurrected from November, but I'm glad someone brought it back so that I could have a good laugh.

The day I complain about a TV host wearing JEANS will be the day I realize every single problem in my life and the world has been addressed so that I have the time and energy to worry about TV people in jeans.