New Contributor

I was really getting tired of Christmas in July but now I am also seeing shows this month of August. I really wish they would wait until later Sept at least until they start the Christmas shopping. Does anyone else feel this way? 

Trusted Contributor

No.  It's one day for the entire month. There's a Dyson every month.  There's a KitchenAid mixer every month.  There's a day of Jewelry every month.  There's a day of fashion every month.  People are shopiing for Christmas decor now, because they're shopping for Christmas presents later.  The clothing stores are filled with fall and winter clothes right now, too.  People plan ahead. That's how retail works.  

Trusted Contributor

@Simbasmom wrote:

I was really getting tired of Christmas in July but now I am also seeing shows this month of August. I really wish they would wait until later Sept at least until they start the Christmas shopping. Does anyone else feel this way? 

If the majority of shoppers felt like you, QVC would not be making tens of thousands of sales during these C/hristmas shows.  It's the sales that QVC notices.

Honored Contributor

No, I don't worry about it because a lot of people want to decorate and buy gifts and they can buy them over the months before time and money get tight.  Also, the anticipation is part of the joy of holidays and vacations.

Those of us who go nuts over the holidays and love having big get-togethers and such get a lot of joy and excitement from the shows.  So if we see a few less vacuums and computers and dinnerware, it's ok by me! 

Esteemed Contributor

Along with all the things RazorSharp said....there is hours and hours and hours and entire days of Beauty shows...I never watch any of them...I love the Christmas shows...though i just had to turn it off for the evening...the host on now does not know how to stop talking...so i will find something else to watch for the rest of the evening....

Esteemed Contributor

@Simbasmom wrote:

Yes.  I always have felt that they have turned this holiday into a money grab.  I don't like Christmas in July, August, September, October.  I can deal with Christmas in November and up till Christmas day.

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

I think the QVC viewer spoke.  Over 260,000 TSVs have been sold.

Honored Contributor

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@Simbasmom wrote:

Yes.  I always have felt that they have turned this holiday into a money grab.  I don't like Christmas in July, August, September, October.  I can deal with Christmas in November and up till Christmas day.

Lots of people who work or have very demanding lives really need the months to get ready.  I remember when I worked long hours and had sick relatives, I would start in late summer getting ready because if I didn't there was no Christmas at our house. . . If you have time to do it all in November and December, you are lucky!!!!  It has been many years since it was that way for me, and it was more fun, but those days are long gone.

Enjoy if you can do that!!!  I envy you!!!

Respected Contributor

One reason the TSV sold so well is that these lights are not just for Christmas. They are appropriate for year-round use. Many people who are not interested in Christmas shopping probably ordered the lights online and never watched anything on Q today.

But as someone else pointed out, there are many all-day events that focus on just one theme. I don't watch all day beauty but thousands must because they keep scheduling them. Some love all day cooking and others never turn on the oven. Some are cuckoo for the Irish shows; if I never see another woolen bulky sweater it's too soon for me. So we all have our preferences. But for me, regardless of the heat today and summer not yet completed, this lineup today beats 10 hours of vacuums or mattresses or pillows that they replay on an endless loop every darn week. I don't see anyone clammering for more of those dreadful, repetitive shows on this forum. Lol. A day without Dyson is like...yay...

Esteemed Contributor

@SunValley wrote:

One reason the TSV sold so well is that these lights are not just for Christmas. They are appropriate for year-round use. Many people who are not interested in Christmas shopping probably ordered the lights online and never watched anything on Q today.

But as someone else pointed out, there are many all-day events that focus on just one theme. I don't watch all day beauty but thousands must because they keep scheduling them. Some love all day cooking and others never turn on the oven. Some are cuckoo for the Irish shows; if I never see another woolen bulky sweater it's too soon for me. So we all have our preferences. But for me, regardless of the heat today and summer not yet completed, this lineup today beats 10 hours of vacuums or mattresses or pillows that they replay on an endless loop every darn week. I don't see anyone clammering for more of those dreadful, repetitive shows on this forum. Lol. A day without Dyson is like...yay...

Sounds o.k.  Thing is you don't have to watch the Q at all.  So, when one of those all day Dyson programming days is on, watch something else.  I don't see how this has anything to do with the hyper commercialization of Christmas.  To each his/her own.

*Call Tyrone*