Respected Contributor

Re: Can't we insist on propriety!

@Q4u wrote:

I watched partially until the rep said that she loved the new product, pretty and larger than the older one so she bought it AND GIFTED her old one to someone....

Ohmygosh I found that gross.

Who would want to get her old used foot shaver?? I mean I've always found that demo to be dicey..... but that show was pretty much it for me....  

ehh-- I do not  'gross out'  easily,  but to that gift I would have to say thanks but no thanks! As a rep doesnt' she get a discount ? May I suggest a new one for her friend. Of course the quote dosen't say friend so----Smiley Happy

Also in regard to Wolfgang Puck wiping his nose : He seems to be a bit of an imp . I wonder if he reads forums about it and does it even more just for the devilment ?

Valued Contributor

Count me in as an old fogey! I do not enjoy watching the host wipe her nose with her arm, scratch her rear, insist that the Emjoi vendor feel her armpit, look at pictures of dirty tissues on her unmade bed and make constant references to body odor, bad breath and her dislike of showering. 

I was an RN for many years and, trust me, I am very familiar with the nitty gritty of life but I don't see it as entertainment.

Honored Contributor

Hey, just be thankful they don't do a live demonstration of the Poo Pourri.

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Hey, just be thankful they don't do a live demonstration of the Poo Pourri.

@Lipstickdiva LOL, just wait, it WIll happen IF the right host Woman WinkWoman Wink gets the presentation.

Don't worry, be Happy!
Trusted Contributor

Sheer coincidence, I swear!  Watching a cleanser clip on Beauty IQ-   the host interrupted the vendor to announce she'd invented a novel, amazing new demonstration.  She compared her brainstorm idea to the standard display of the once white towel after the common 10 second Purity Made Simple  smear and wipe.    Sure enough, the wash cloth she'd used to dry her hands after the bubbles (on the loofa and poured down 4 of the super sized bottles on display) was FILTHY!  The vendor, taken aback, wondered what on earth she'd been doing to get her hands that dirty.    

Believe it?  No!  Just more look at me grandstanding.  She probably rubbed her hands over the pancake makeup and eye-black first for impact. But-  If you know your hands are dirty as a rule, why rub them over the freshly abraded skin of a beautiful cosmetics model?  Why stick them in her face at all, even at a distance.  

Honored Contributor

@nevergivesup wrote:

Count me in as an old fogey! I do not enjoy watching the host wipe her nose with her arm, scratch her rear, insist that the Emjoi vendor feel her armpit, look at pictures of dirty tissues on her unmade bed and make constant references to body odor, bad breath and her dislike of showering. 

I was an RN for many years and, trust me, I am very familiar with the nitty gritty of life but I don't see it as entertainment.

Dislike of Showering, Seriously???? Now that grosses me out!

Esteemed Contributor

@SunValley wrote:

Everyone has a gag trigger, and what bothers one person is no big deal to another. I see complaints on the forums about the way people chew food. the grossness of squishing steak to see the juices run, the yuck of feet, a vendor's dirty fingernails, and on and on. The demos won't stop, so it's up to the viewers how they will react: watch, turn the channel, or turn it off. There is only so much you can do with a product other than demo it to show how it works or its quality. The one exception for me is poor grooming--dirty fingernails are not required for any demo I know of.

100% agree

*Call Tyrone*
Respected Contributor

Oh Boy, Emjoi! More shaving under the arms. I love it! Heart Bikini next? Heart

Don't worry, be Happy!
Honored Contributor

I saw an Amope commercial earlier today. Have seen many but paid attention in light of this thread.  There is NO "foot crud" of any type shown in the commercial. They assume that once they *tell* people what the device is for, and does, no further explanation or demo is necessary.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@SunValley wrote:

Everyone has a gag trigger, and what bothers one person is no big deal to another. I see complaints on the forums about the way people chew food. the grossness of squishing steak to see the juices run, the yuck of feet, a vendor's dirty fingernails, and on and on. The demos won't stop, so it's up to the viewers how they will react: watch, turn the channel, or turn it off. There is only so much you can do with a product other than demo it to show how it works or its quality. The one exception for me is poor grooming--dirty fingernails are not required for any demo I know of.

It doesn't gross me out, but I find close-ups of prepared food (with any host, almost any product) do not have the presumed desired effect on me. Especially if I've just switched channels and come in mid-demo to a close-up of some baked casserole, side dish or other cooked item, it often doesn't even look like food to me, and after I hear what it is, it still doesn't look appetizing. At least part of the reason is because they come in much closer with the camera than anyone looks at food. It never makes me think the food is yummy or makes me want to make it or buy it.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all