Esteemed Contributor

Re: Can't we insist on propriety!

I can pretty much guess accurately who the host is. It's someone who is sick frequently too.

Respected Contributor

@Ms X wrote:

Do they really put some kind of wax on their feet before they demonstrate that pedicure thing?  I find the demonstration disgusting with all that stuff falling from their feet to the floor, especially if I'm eating or just finished a meal.  I could just hurl!  I'm not sure whether there's some other way to sell the product.  Maybe if they just showed video of someone using it it would be better.  Then they could edit it so that it wasn't as gross.  I can live without the live demonstrations.  And, yes, we can change the channel or look away, but just to see it at all is undesirable.

@Ms X They have to put something on to make it look like dry skin. Can you imagine the Emjoi woman and the host having callouses that bad on their feet so often. IF they do then the Emjoi is not doing its job on the two of them. Heart

Don't worry, be Happy!
Esteemed Contributor

@luv-the-Q wrote:

I've never seen dirty feet on QVC during any presentation.  @Beaches 1956 Did you know that you are constantly breathing in people's dead skin cells?  You can't see them, but they are there.  Also, atoms and molecules whether clean or dirty are swirling all around you and you are inhaling them everywhere you go.  Smell something really bad?  Well, that isn't just some fume without substance.  It's actually particles of whatever the smell is coming from.  

You can see them.  Know all that dust around your home?  Guess what that is?

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

I'm well aware that QVC doesn't care if I don't like a particular product or demo. Almost nothing QVC sells drives me to think eww-yuck-gross, but this demo DOES. It completely grosses me out, period. So no, I don't look at it for 2 min. any more, after a couple of times.

I bought a similar appliance from the drugstore and it works fine for my needs along with professional pedis.  I have never, and would never, have the amount of callus, fake or genuine, shown in these demos.

And FWIW, to me it makes NO difference who the host is for these demos. Any host, and any vendor rep demonstrating in the same manner make me want to toss my cookies. So I do change the channel. 

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

I watched partially until the rep said that she loved the new product, pretty and larger than the older one so she bought it AND GIFTED her old one to someone....

Ohmygosh I found that gross.

Who would want to get her old used foot shaver?? I mean I've always found that demo to be dicey..... but that show was pretty much it for me....  

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

The feet don't bother me.  I have feet that shed a LOT of dry skin.  Maybe there's a job for me.  Feet are all around at the pool on vaction.  Feet are all over my house, so I'm pretty used to seeing feet.  

Now all those butts in view in the Olympics were sometimes a little, uh, much maybe?  LOL!!!  Thongs Are US!

@Sooner

I'm surprised the Beach Volley Ball ladies didn't have ENJOY THE GO sponsored by Charmin printed on the bottoms of their "outfits" ....LOL!!!

@CoG  and all....

As far as the pedi presentation it is a little gross especially if the host touches her feet (and if I think it's the one thee OP is referring to she wears LOTS of sandals and her feet are probably pretty dirty) so after the pedi demo and then touching the models' hair while presenting a hair care product next---well that wouldn't be very nice to the models......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

I guess I have standards.  I don't like to see them (vendors or hosts) touch this or that then their mouths or other areas or people after that.  It is bad form.  Like women who lick their fingers and prepare food or scratch their scalp or pick out ear wax then touch food or other items.  It's just gross and unmannered.  Germs and bacteria do exist and I don't want anothers germs or bacteria to be mine.  There are strong cautions today against menangitis from sharing and not being careful. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Trusted Contributor

It's only fair to share the reasons for repulsion..  The feet harbor the eggs and intermediate life stages of many parasites including pinworms and hook worms and round worms.  They aren't visible to the naked eye but we protect our dogs from these potentially lethat organisms with chemicals that can in themselves be lethal.   I love my dog.  

Among the fungi living on the feet are the microbes responsible for athletes' foot, periungual fungi, the ones passed along at the corner pedicure shop, and a whole host of yeast and fungi which can invade the bloodstream. Ask any WWII of Viet Nam vet or any Type I or II diabetic how harmless the are.  

A particularly nasty, hard to prevent or cure viral infection causes plantar warts which often require surgical excision with a wide margin.  Our swimmers pass them back and forth as do all the  kids sharing a locker room shower. 

The bacteria that live and thrive on the feet include human and canine fecal bacteria - Salmonella, Shigella, Yersinia, E Coli, Enterobacteriacea sp... and on and on and on the list continues. ....

Cats notoriously spread Toxoplasmosis, a disease responsible for a significant number of   fetal diseases and death.  

Living in sloughed skin cells are viruses passed from human to human, some innocuous, some lethal when they seek out new homes in viable skin.

The microorganisms living on the dead and dying skin of the feet are not to be dismissed lightly.  And when superficial epidermal keratinocytes are exfoliated they are still viable for a time.  I have given but a few of the less stomach-churning examples of the microbiotic millieu of the skin and nails of the feet.  

No matter how you view it , fondling your feet then invading another's space with the detritus and microbes you've collected is not sanitary nor is it harmless.  

I hope those of you whose pleasure is derived from ridicule are satisfied.  Perhaps next time, before you embarrass yourselves, you might give thought to the platform from which the poster writes.  Perhaps their views are not foundless afterall.  Perhaps there is a sound basis for concern.

Honored Contributor

Maybe you should switch to HSN

Respected Contributor

Everyone has a gag trigger, and what bothers one person is no big deal to another. I see complaints on the forums about the way people chew food. the grossness of squishing steak to see the juices run, the yuck of feet, a vendor's dirty fingernails, and on and on. The demos won't stop, so it's up to the viewers how they will react: watch, turn the channel, or turn it off. There is only so much you can do with a product other than demo it to show how it works or its quality. The one exception for me is poor grooming--dirty fingernails are not required for any demo I know of.