Esteemed Contributor

Re: Can't we insist on propriety!

@CoG ... if it bothers you so much just change the channel... the details you gave indicate you watched to entire show so, you must have enjoyed it... if something like this upset me I would have changed the channel & looked at something else .... could it be that you just don't like the host and are using this to complain about her?

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'd rather see her remove callouses from her feet than swipe the top of her hand or forearm across/under her apparently dripping nose.

Honored Contributor

You all must not be married or around kids or animals very much.

LOL

Trusted Contributor

@SharkE Bwahahahaha!  Amen😊

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SharkE wrote:

You all must not be married or around kids or animals very much.

LOL

I understand having to sell a product re the callous remover.  I can give her a pass on that.

I do have kids, grandkids and a great grandchild.   I don't care what anyone does in the privacy of their own home but the wiping of her nose on her hand/arm on TV, that's another matter.    I'm sure QVC can afford some tissues.

Honored Contributor

After I saw a kid sit in church and eat his own ear wax. Nothing can top that.  Everybody is raised different. From poor circumstances, etc. No matter if they're a host or what position they hold.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh my gosh.   You do realize it isn't their own skin that comes off, right?  There is a waxy material used that looks like skin.   

Propriety is subjective and in the eye of the beholder.  What bothers one person may not bother another.  As in every aspect of life, a little patience and tolerance helps.  Chill.

I hate when people say to turn the channel but this is one where it truly applies.  Look away.  Change the channel.  Then relax.

Respected Contributor

There is a lot of "smoke and mirror" things going on at QVC. This is the way they make us want to ourchase the product.

No one has that much yuck on their feet week after week after week. Lots of wax to make it look like dry skin coming off.

Vionic, the beauty vendors, hair products ALL use smoke and mirrors. If they did not we would see the real thing and not spend our money.

Once we realize this we should move on and accept it and not purchase the products that have to be faked up to get us to buy. HeartHeart

My comments are my opinion and mine alone, not meant to upset or make anyone mad. Heart

Don't worry, be Happy!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The feet don't bother me.  I have feet that shed a LOT of dry skin.  Maybe there's a job for me.  Feet are all around at the pool on vaction.  Feet are all over my house, so I'm pretty used to seeing feet.  

Now all those butts in view in the Olympics were sometimes a little, uh, much maybe?  LOL!!!  Thongs Are US!

Respected Contributor

Do they really put some kind of wax on their feet before they demonstrate that pedicure thing?  I find the demonstration disgusting with all that stuff falling from their feet to the floor, especially if I'm eating or just finished a meal.  I could just hurl!  I'm not sure whether there's some other way to sell the product.  Maybe if they just showed video of someone using it it would be better.  Then they could edit it so that it wasn't as gross.  I can live without the live demonstrations.  And, yes, we can change the channel or look away, but just to see it at all is undesirable.