Honored Contributor

Beauty IQ - Shiny, happy people? So, SO shiny.

[ Edited ]

Please adjust the lighting on the BeautyIQ set or grab some powder. Most everyone looks shiny - not dewy shiny, but greasy shiny. I can literally see things reflecting on the foreheads of the hosts and models. There is some kind rectangular block reflected on their faces much of the time.

It's not only distracting, but it makes me not want to purchase whatever they're selling because I don't want to look like an oil slick.

I never see this on the regular QVC presentations, but people on BeautyIQ are just way too shiny.

Valued Contributor

Re: Beauty IQ - Shiny, happy people? So, SO shiny.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed this. It isnt subtle at all and very distracting. 

Honored Contributor

@Ruby Woo wrote:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed this. It isnt subtle at all and very distracting. 

It really is. I keep expecting to see the reflection of some crew member walk by in a host's forehead.

Trusted Contributor

I think QVC is trying to make BeautyiQ look and feel like a youtube channel... a badly edited youtube channel.

☀️...And I think to myself what a Wenderful world.☀️
QVC Customer Care

@ChynnaBlue

Thank you for your feedback on how the Beauty IQ station is coming across. I will forward this to our production teams.

Thank you for watching...

Beth QVC

Esteemed Contributor

The forehead strobing is ok if you want to look like an alien from Star Trek.

Could the hosts not hold the product towards the camera?  Cant' the graphics be moved to the side and the products put on a table in front of the host? Every host does the same thing with the product so it's obvioulsy intentional.  I agree, the lighting is terrible.  Looks very amatuerish.  I read somewhere that Beauty IQ is geared toward 30 year olds.  Well, forty year olds like beauty products too.

Valued Contributor

I've noticed also...it's as if the skin is stretched tight. A little powder is called for. 

Honored Contributor

Omg @ChynnaBlue I thought I was the only one who felt this way! The one I notice this the most on is the female host Elyse or whatever her name is. Wow, she is always so shiny...dare I say, oily looking! Not a good like. I  Like dewy but that is downright greasy. Get them all some Mally poreless face defender, STAT!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@HappyDaze wrote:

Omg @ChynnaBlue I thought I was the only one who felt this way! The one I notice this the most on is the female host Elyse or whatever her name is. Wow, she is always so shiny...dare I say, oily looking! Not a good like. I  Like dewy but that is downright greasy. Get them all some Mally poreless face defender, STAT!

Yes, @HappyDaze! Poor Elyse always looks like her forehead is a greasy mess on BeautyIQ. Like, shockingly so. And I'm sure that's not the case in person. I think the lighting people are doing her a terrible disservice.