Occasional Contributor

BE HONEST WITH SHIPPING TIMES!

I just canceled my bed order - $2600 - because QVC said ETA was 2/16/16 which was perfect and now I just looked, it was ordered 1/31/16 and still hasn't shipped and the ETA is now 2/26/16!  They never said it ships from the manufacturer and this happens all of the time with QVC.  Just be honest when selling a product that will ship from somewhere other than QVC warehouses!  I didn't even call Customer Service...each time I call, I'm met with someone that is rude and has NO idea how to answer my questions.  Such a shame...

Respected Contributor

Re: BE HONEST WITH SHIPPING TIMES!

I place 2 orders of Jimmy The Baker Cinnamon Rolls that were shipped 2/4/16 & to date; I have not received them.  Tomorrow is the 10th; not sure if I wasn't to consume a product that has been en route the past 6 days?!?  I don't think so!  

Esteemed Contributor

Of course the beds are shipped from the manufacturer - they don't ship big beds to Westchester - warehouse them and then reship to you.  That costs mega bucks.....and they tell you the beds have NOT been sitting in a warehouse for months and months but rather made immediately when orders are received.  That's good for you as a customer.  I've bought two Serta mattresses from the Q and product and delivery was great......and don't forget this is winter and a lot of big rigs topple over and are in accidents during this this of year.   Gish!

Honored Contributor

I thought the deal on the mattresses was that the vendor was supposed to call you and set up the delivery time.  That's what I seem to remember hearing over and over. -  I really need to buy a mattress and keep watching thinking I might order instead of going to Sleepy's.

I'm waiting for 2 items right now -  promised delivery for one is 3 days from now, the other I didn't even bother to check - it's an AD released earlier today, so I'm assuming next Monday.  So far, where I live, their promised times have been okay -  I get everything by that date or before. 

Honored Contributor

You can get a sleep number bed directly from the company.  I went shopping with a friend of mine.  She bought a queen with one remote -  total cost including PA tax about $4200.    There was a couple I overheard finish their deal for a king with the double remote-  full cost for them about another thousand --$5200 and change. Even ordering from the store, there was a pretty good delay for delivery, but I don't recall exact number of days.

That shopping trip was 2 years back and I have no idea whether prices have gone up or down since then.

Honored Contributor

I can only speak for myself.  I buy quite a bit of stuff/junk from QVC.  I have received most of it (true) within maybe even 2 days.

I did buy the mattress I think last year.  Within the amount of time I was told, everything went exactly as I was told within the exact amount of time I was told.

I had problems with the mattress (the spring broke or something) so I posted here I wasn't happy with Customer Service because someone there basically said, "Sorry".  Then a QVC representative called me, took over and (long story...short...I received another mattress).

They took back the old mattress (it was only 1 or so months old) and brought me a new one.  Again, exactly the time and everything QVC said it would be.

I don't have much of a gripe with QVC.  As much (let's call it stuff, can you tell I'm sensitive about it) as I buy, I have to honestly say they (QVC) do an excellent job.

Another example.  I ordered the oranges from QVC.  I always order both kinds of the oranges and usually like them.  The first kind that was a mixture of oranges and grapefruit were good.  Then the one's came that were the honey oranges.  They didn't taste good at all!  I was embarrassed because I'd given a few to friends (didn't hear anything and was too embarrassed to ask them).  The one I ate tasted bad, I don't know how else to say it.  I threw them all out.  I called QVC to tell them they weren't good that they tasted like something was wrong.

The CS said, "We will refund all of your money".  I said, "Well, maybe it was me, but I don't think so".  She said (being honest), "We have received several people complaining about the taste so it's probably not YOU".  I thought that was honest of her.  I received a total refund on them.

I do not like the change in shipping costs (that's my complaint).  If I want the item, I have to decide if it's worth it, simple as that.

However, as far as anything else, I think the bed was exactly as they told me.  Now watch!  I'm probably putting a HEX on this and my service will go to pot!  Ha!

It's just that when something is wrong, I'm right there to complain to the authority.  However, when something is right, I'm also there to give accolades to the deserving person or company.

Esteemed Contributor

My question to the OP.....have you cut off your nose to spite your face...you cancelled your order...now your back to square one ...does that mean you are going out to shop for a mattress..or wait till they have another TSV ....

With such a large item patience is your friend....so you have to wait another two weeks...did you need them right away...or did you make a harsh decision that you regret now...

Honored Contributor

@circles has a good point, @Harleygal143

You might be better off  buying locally.  I have no idea where you are, but some of the stores in my area have same day delivery for mattresses.

This seems to have turned out to be one of those learning situations.  Some are expensive.  Count yourself lucky that it didn't cost you anything but time.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Occasional Contributor

All I ask is to tell me when it will ship...not tell me 'fluff' to get me to buy the product!  I had this happen with Hampton Popcorn!  It was a fiasco!  I ended up writing to the CEO of QVC !  What prompted that step was a customer service person telling ME to call Hampton Popcorn and find out when it will ship!

Occasional Contributor

Honestly, I usually have an easy time with QVC and I have some pretty high end purchases under my proverbial belt.  It's just that this time, the cost was way too much for me to fool around with the shipping and not being able to get anyone at QVC to answer my questions!  Even as we were purchasing the bed, we called QVC to find out more about the bed.  The CSR was so rude, I asked for a manager and she put me on hold and then cut me off!  I called back and spoke to THREE more people and finally got a nice lady that actually took the time to research my question!!